All teen and kid member reviews for Duolingo

Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2013

I love Duolingo. It's fun, you learn how to speak languages, and you feel like your actually helping because you ARE. The users now translate Buzzfeed and CNN articles, in a matter of hours. Also, now, if you're bilingual, you can contribute to courses. I wish there was a ten-star.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2014

It's amazing. You can learn Portugese, French, Spanish, German and Italian as the main languages and also slightly changed versions of those languages like Canadian French and Latin American. The app is safer than the website for younger children but you need an email or Facebook account to join the site not the app so younger kids are better sticking to the app which is exactly the same except you can't message people or contribute to courses. I am currently learning French and Spanish I skip between them NEARLY FLUENT IN SPANISH yay :) I wish there was Irish because I'm from Ireland :/ I contribute to courses one English for Spanish speakers. There are some kinda creepy (in a kid-friendly funny way) sentences which I have come across: My cat does not eat sugar. The horse drinks wine. The crab is wearing shoes. My cat eats potatoes. The dog is reading the newspaper. Which is very strange and creepy but hilarious as well. My seven year old brother is learning German I think, no point really as our school does not teach German and no secondary schools in our area do so no point the grammar I'm heading towards teaches Irish Spanish and French I want Irish to be added! My three year old sister also attempts to use the app and learns some kind of strange foreign language which I don't think anybody actually uses - she will not switch to a normal one! - with help from me and our parents she says what she wants us to type and we type it for her, she is good she's really good at the animals don't know why as they're the hardest! Sometimes the microphone isn't very good as whenever I say it correctly it says wrong and then I just randomly said duo lingo once which sounded absolutely nothing like what I was meant to say and it said correct so it's not very accurate but you can turn off microphone and you can choose to listen to what they say or to read it there are some listening-only activities though. Great app I wish there was a 10 star no 100 star button. It would be quite a long list.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Best app ever!

This is one of the best apps i have ever got! why i think it is 9+ is because it is hard to learn a language when you are so little but if you parent or someone else help you can easily learn a language
Teen, 13 years old Written byinvisible73 July 14, 2015

You can easily learn languages. :)

Using Duolingo, you can learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Irish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish, Esperanto, Ukrainian and very soon Russian and Hungarian, and COMPLETELY FREE! I've been using Duolingo for the past two years I think and it's been an amazing experience. If you haven't you should definitely try it! Highly recommended.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 18, 2016

I highly recommend this if you want to learn a foreign language, I'm learning German and Duolingo makes it so much fun to learn!! I wish there was a 10 star rating but there isn't.