Parent reviews for Girls' Life

Girls' Life Poster Image

SO GREAT!

this is a very good subscription! I bought it for my ten year old and she loved it. She read it and she liked it very much. In it you can explore the new events that concern ten year old girls like, some pop star making a new song and stuff like that. I don't want people to think that they should not get this.

Great for tweens/teens, with some iffy content!

I couldn't find the actual magazine on here, so I'm just reviewing it on the website's page. First of all, some of the articles on the website are not actually published in the magazine. The website is actually geared more towards older girls. The magazine, however, I found was a great fit for my 13-year-old daughter! It was really hard to find a magazine that she liked but was also appropriate. She just started growing out of American Girl and Discovery Girls, and wasn't yet ready for Teen Vogue. I found Girls' Life a little iffy, but it was fine and really helped my daughter go through her tween years and become a teen. At first I was a little concerned that she was reading articles about beauty focuses, dating, sexuality, etc, but then realized that, sad as it is, she is facing all of these issues at age 13! When I was a kid, we didn't need to worry about this kind of stuff at such a young age, but she does. She's already gone through dating relationships, friend drama, and stalkery boys wanting to have sex with her. I realized that, even though I hated it, an article about unprotected sex was good for her. It taught her everything she needed to know without making her too uncomfortable. Afterwards, once she'd had a good handle on it, she came to me with questions and we talked about it. This magazine made her a little less scared to talk to me about important subjects, and that's something every mom would want. As far as the fashion, makeup, and celebrity aspects: those are some things that my daughter is interested in! She loves sitting down and cutting out all the cute fashions for her bulletin board, trying out makeup combinations with my makeup kit, and reading about Ross Lynch! I get that some girls might not be into that sort of thing, and that some parents might not like it, but in that case, don't buy it, it isn't right for you. Me and my daughter have covered a lot of ground and found peace with this magazine, so I'm happy. I love that it's helping her come into her own as a responsible, unique, fashionable, sweet individual, no matter her age!

Say NO to Girl's Life Magazine

This is not appropriate for a tween girl! Too many HEAVY subjects. I would not recommend this magazine EVER! I am glad I went to the library and looked it over! In one issue it talked about having "unprotected sex" and in another it spoke about her boyfriend being "handsy". Really???????? This is for a tween - you have got to be kidding. Parents DO NOT FALL FOR IT & DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTER READ THIS MAGAZINE!

Opens up discussions.

I think this is spot on for teenagers. Topics are relevant to their concerns. My daughther has opened up conversations after reading articles. I check out the magazine before she reads it so I can be open to discussions should she chose to share. At 14 she doesn't always come to me for advice. At least I know she's getting good input from GL Magazine!