Parent reviews for Glogster

Glogster Poster Image

Ignore copyright and rip off authors

While I see comments saying how great it is they can download various books ( mine have nothing to do with education of kids ) they dont care about blatant breach of copyright.

Nothing but problems!

We had a project due the next day and were working on it with much frustration till midnight with my son. Guess what?!! The next day it was gone even though we saved our work! Use it at your own risk!! On top of it, you have to pay for this malfunctioning website!

Just bad in every way... stick to other sites

If you want your kids looking at erotic or illegal stuff, and getting angry over lost save files, go ahead and let your kids use this!

WORST PAGE EVER

This page doesn't keep any saved, incredibly have lost three times my job just by accidentally changing the page. Not friendly with URL and saving images. WORST PICTOGRAPHIC PAGE IN THE WORLD.

Waste of money

I used this program in my classroom and it was a waste of money. The program is not user friendly and requires a lot of technical support as it freezes frequently. My students were not able to complete a "glog" because of all the issues it presented regularly. I had to choose a different program to complete the projects assigned. The application was confusing for the students to use. When you clicked to add a textbox it would be hidden behind the dialogue window and the students did not know it was added, so they repeatedly added textboxes onto their glog. The interface was just not user friendly. There are other programs that can do the same thing with no issues for free. They also charge an automatic renewal fee! After reaching out to the customer care department to inform them of the issues I had and letting them know they may want to look into the issues for other clients, their response was "The issues speak to me of firewall settings but, in accordance with your feedback, this is now, as we say in England 'neither here nor there'." I would like to believe it was firewall issues, however the program worked inconsistently. Firewall settings do not allow programs to work one day and then not work another day. Fortunately, I was able to find other programs that worked consistently.

Difficult Interface

As a student, I am not too aware of safety issues but having to do several AP level projects using Glogster I have experienced the incompetence of the interface first hand. There is no option to create a template, basically squashing any creativity one can have. My group resorted to deleting all of the text and pictures and creating something that looked somewhat presentable. The text sizing system doesn't seem to difficult at first, until you figure out that the size changes when you change the size of the text box. It is very difficult to select a feature you want to edit, once again we ended up deleting and starting from scratch. Take this from a group of college bound high school seniors, this interface is very difficult and frustrating to use if you are looking to make a presentation that looks more professional than an elementary school project. I'd suggest using Prezzi instead.

Glogster Review

Glogster is a virtually new website that allows it’s user to create glogs. Students can use images, video, and audio to create their individual glogs. Although glog subjects vary, Glogster will give you general templates to use for creating your glog. But, one of the main issues with Glogster may be its variation in topics. Some reviews say certain glogs created are too graphic for their children. Glogster may want to think about its usage. Because the free range of topics makes it less likely to be used in the classroom. Another fault of Glogster is its set up. It’s not extremely user friendly. Sure some older teenagers and adults would figure out how to use Glogster within time. But for younger generations, they might not understand how Glogster really works. For example: You can’t: -Scroll -Delete with backspace -right click for options -undo Something as simplistic as these make the biggest impact on whether or not to use Glogster. Glogster needs to put better privacy and filter settings on their website. One user said, “this site contains racy pictures and biased language.” This is a big problem when using the website for school purposes. Especially in elementary school when there are things likes “heavy topics such as rape, suicide, and war.” Glogster could cause extreme issues with more sensitive children and parents who aren’t ready to introduce their children to such heavy topics. Glogster has the potential to be a great website, but by charging users a monthly fee, it makes people less inclined to use the website. Especially when the website still has some kinks to it, many people may say Glogster “isn’t worth the hassle”. If Glogster really wants to create a more friendly website, they need to make an education part that is separate from other more sensitive topics. Also they need a longer period of “play time”. So users can explore the website, and decide whether or not they want to pay for a potentially useless service.

What's the point of knock-off Facebook sites?

Aside from the fact that the process of creating a glog is both tedious and has a poorly designed interface, I see no purpose for this service. There are so many other sites (Free sites as well) that will do what Glogster is trying to do in an easier and more accessible way. Gmail can get the job done. Facebook gets the job done. Wordpress can get the job done. Though it's not free, digication can get the job done. Don't even worry about this site being safe because no one is actually going to use it.

Glogster

I was shocked when I opened up this site for the first time and even more shocked that a school was using it! Even though the kids were clothed, a very graphic photo right on the first page of the two kids being shown as having sex. I had to take a double take, and said to myself, "Are you kidding me?" Some of the other photos, for lack of better words, were just "creepy."

I use glogster for education edu.glogster.com

My son was assigned a math project using glogster. He had to create a glog about a particular topic they had studied and then present his glog to the class. I was intrigued and decided to use glogster for my students. As a teacher, I can assign a "safe" glogster login, teach the students how to use it safely, and provide parameters within which they can create a glog. My students are very motivated and cannot wait to work on their glogs each day. This is a wonderful educational tool, but like everything else, requires that adults TEACH the children appropriate use and safety concerns before they start activate their accounts.