All parent member reviews for GoAnimate

Parent Written bycaliparent September 9, 2011

Suspicious Credit Card Requirement, Hidden Costs

Nice site, but they require you to give them your credit card number to register, than after that, accept PayPal for further purchases. Why do they want your credit card number on file? Why not allow you to pay for your membership with PayPal? This is suspicious. They also have many hidden cost such as goanimate character creator, which charges extra if you want to use all the features. After paying for a membership, most features come with an additional cost. Your child may run up extra costs or be frustrated in not being able to fully use the program. Its a great site, except that they seem to have a single goal of charging you every time you press a key on their program.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byamy341234 March 2, 2010

I think it is a really fun site for my kids to play on. They are learning how to use a computer and this site helps them have fun while learning how to use the mouse, and the keyboard. I highly recommend this site for kids around the age of 6 and up.
Parent Written bynoahz September 9, 2014

LEARNING

Goanimate is Educational

It Is Recommended For Kids Ages 6+
Adult Written bybasbel October 9, 2011

it is o.k

It is sorta good. the people talk funky and it is just..... O.k but it is so fun. you can make people laugh. Just do not watch anyone else's because they can have bad words. or drinking.
Adult Written bymuffin999 September 14, 2010

wow, thx for remonding me of this!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMissICT March 1, 2010

GoAnimate is GREAT!!

I am a parent as well as an ICT Coordinator for a school district. I learned about GoAnimate from my daughter who's teacher had used it with their class. The kids used it to make animations based on books that they had read. I checked out the site and LOVED it!! I have since recommended it to other schools and the GoAnimate staff are so helpful with the students and teachers. They are even working on creating a site that is specifically for schools and I'm told it will be ready soon.