All parent member reviews for Habbo

Parent of a 14 year old Written byxNe0nCray0nz March 8, 2010

Perfect for tweens and teens.

You know, our kids are gonna go out in the world not knowing anything that's goes on if they don't learn, The Sex is a little Problem but if u trust your kid they won't go in the rooms like that, The language is really bad but then again....what site can you really get past the language I think this is a fine site and It's great for 12 year olds and +! Good job habbo staff. If u don't think this is a good report u need 2 have a little fun :).
Adult Written byMargarita753 April 3, 2009

Oh Come On!

Of course there's going to be people out there that are rude and nasty. But we try our best to just try and tune these people out! Does everything have to be educational? I mean it's good, but just because it doesn't really teach doesn't mean it's so horrible. There's also an 'ignore' button when you click on a person. You can ignore them and hear NOTHING that person says. There's a filter, too. And there isn't random people walking around looking for sexuality based things. You have to go to certain rooms people make for it. And Habbo Moderators are constantly sending out alerts to those in sexual based rooms saying, " Do Not Cyber! It's against the Habbo way and we need to keep a nice clean hotel! " Their working their butts off to try to keep the site up and nice for people. And Habbo's not the only one that you have to pay REAL money for. Check out the other THOUSANDS of sites that you have to pay to buy virtual things, sometimes they even make you pay just to JOIN. But Habbo is free to join, and they hand out five credits once in a while on holidays. And I think this site is very wonderful and well maintained. :)
Parent Written byneopetsn November 28, 2015

Dangerous Virtual World that can Ruin Your Child

Habbo Hotel is a dangerous virtual world that will destroy your child's mind and any sense of morals and values. While this is true of many online chat rooms and other chat sites, Habbo and, in particular, its many retro hotels (Fresh, Boon, PlayRise, etc.) is one of the largest online chatting sites for teenagers that allows them to create a virtual world and select avatars, create rooms, etc. The atmosphere is extremely unhealthy and negative. It is mostly populated by users of the age 12-18, on average, although younger and older users can also be prevalent. These young, immature users vent out irritations and frustrations by using extremely despicable and foul language, harassing others and suggesting violence, such as 'killing' other users or telling them to 'die' or do other self-harm. There is extremely inappropriate and vile language about all sorts of topics. There is no decency, respect, or friendly behaviour. Condescending remarks are made both in private messages or explicitly in public rooms. While Habbo has a minimal amount of 'filters' that prevents explicit words like 'f*ck', such words can still be spoken through hints and other means. Habbo retros, in particular, have absolutely no filters or moderation. They're so-called 'moderators' are themselves bullies who use foul language and these retros are all illegal. In conclusion, this website and its retros are full of nothing but foul language, disgusting and unbelievable behaviour, extreme bullying and harassment, etc. It can ruin your child's mind and cause irritation, frustration, and a negative personality development if the child spends a lot of time on such sites. This is not at all educational, positive, a learning experience, or a means through which one can make 'friends'. These sites should not exist and should be banned. Habbo should use even stronger means to prevent such things from happening and hire a larger number of moderators to do their job well. Although I have said '18+', this site should actually not be used by any one of a decent background and with morals. There is no option to select 'for no age' so I had to select the highest age, but please, if you have a sense of self-respect, find another hobby.
Parent of a 1, 9, and 15 year old Written bysarahbeautyxoxo January 18, 2015

Don't let your kids play this game.

My 15 year old daughter used to play this game. One day, she came up to me and asked me to try Habbo. I signed up for an account and saw lots of sex and swearing. I was very concerned about my daughter's safety, so I tried to contact Habbo, it took forever to respond, and the customer service is not good at all. People were banning her from chat rooms because she said "Hi." Now she knows a LOT of swear words and sex words thanks to this game. I banned this game from my household IMMEDIATELY. Do NOT let your kids play this game.
Parent of a 3, 7, 10, 11, 17, and 17 year old Written byTreythetired April 22, 2010

Review

These kids impose as Nazis, Terrorists, Criminals, Rapists, e.t.c, They use sexual content and find ways to make it look like their naked such as: Boy: Skin colored shirt, Skin colered pants, No shoes, Belt that looks like a penis Girl: Bra, Skin colored pants, no shoes I have witnessed this myself and I do not really approve of it, Habbo Hotel, I noticed you can turn bobba off in the prefrences, people turn it off or use shortened swears such as: Fck,13itch, A$$hole, You should have the mods watch EVERY room. Habbo is a GREAT site, put it needs major improvements in safety, language use and more.
Adult Written byLazerblade November 3, 2009

Save your kids from endless drama and bullying.

Habbo, it's THE place for a kid to have some fun and chat with other teens in a safe environtment - says Sulake. But when you're actually on it for a day you'll see users trying to do long distance dating and showing severe sexual behaviour. On top of that users have a certain way of making people believe they're friends. But they're just friends for pixelised properties. Note that games like Habbo are entirely "private" which means that every user could be someone else then he says he is. All in all, Habbo is not the place to let your kids go on. It only produces constant drama and a bullying attitude to your kids. It will not educate your kid in any way except how to ruin peoples lives and show off their body.
Adult Written byPansexualDude1999 February 27, 2015

Very innapropriate site

Habbo is a horrible website and inappropriate for anyone below the age of 18. The site is full of racist, rude, impolite, immature teenagers who think it's fun to harass and bully other people in Habbo. Scamming is a huge problem on this site and many users on Habbo participate in scamming other users. Racism is also very prevalent on this site i've witnessed people calling blacks "Slaves" and bullying asians for their ethnicity. Also this site has tons and tons of pedophiles on it many people have stated habbo is a "pedophile heaven" and i believe them. This site is completely inappropriate for kids and teens.
Adult Written byCommonSenseFox February 5, 2015

Full of pedophiles and ban you with no reason. careless support.

Habbo is not safe at all for kids. Pedophiles purposely create accounts to lure kids into going on camera. oh and if your account gets banned don't expect them to give them a reason why they did it or any money you spent on the account.
Adult Written byCSM Screen name... October 16, 2009

how do u get a gf* or bf*

i love it its fun on habbo we get dates and a gf * or bf* and get married and have children
Parent Written byWareld Jameson December 16, 2013

Given the environment of Habbo, keep your childern away from Habbo

This is my personal experience. I think this site is bad. Scammers, hackers running rampant, people using foul and inapproriate languages, with so many underage children/teens this site is also a breeding ground for pedophiles. If you get scammed or hacked, their so called "help support" will only reply to your request with templates message repeatedly without even trying to solve the problem. Even the ones who get hacked sometimes get banned for no reason. The community is not friendly, not newbie-friendly, some will discriminate you if you're not "Habbo club member" and calling you norm (normal)/noob. First time playing, you will find yourself really confused because Habbo doesn't provide any decent newbie guide or how to make credits yourself without buying off Habbo. You will have to find it out yourself unless you have friends. I think it's a way Habbo encourages you to buy their virtual pixel credits. From what I've heard you can get permanently banned if you roleplay in some rooms because the moderators consider you "disrupting". There was a giveaway and the winners are the ones who are doing best at role playing in other rooms, many people got permanently banned because moderators consider them "disrupting". It's funny how you can get permanently banned that way, while talking to underages sexually, discriminating, and using foul languages only get you a mute for a day(s). Their "moderators" are not professional in my opinion.
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 30, 2012

For once, I agree!

This is why I read you, Common Sense Media. 5% of the time you're right ;)
Adult Written byAshleeNicole March 28, 2010

Great for ages 12+ none under that age.

I really DONT recommend it beacause, they can sk for money in a SNAP of a finger.
Parent Written by123Kal May 14, 2016

Unfriendly and Hate Speach

I did not like this site. I thought the avatars were adorable but the technicolor feeling of the spaces were a bit jarring, but that I could have gotten used to. What I could not get used to was the hate speech and the community that was extremely unfriendly. The idea of Habbo Hotel was a nice idea, but the community does not feel comfortable in the slightest, it feels mostly hostile actually.
Adult Written byali711a November 30, 2015

i think its fine i just dont agree its for 13 years or older

Adult Written byJRCrews20 June 21, 2012

Not a good site for young kids

HABBO is not a fun site, which is why so many people start trouble. The creators turned the site into a terrible version of the Sims. Terrible graphics and filters that don't filter out most vulgar language.
Adult Written byironman2-FR June 19, 2012

Habbo, face a des journalistes sans scrupule.

laissez habbo en paix, partout c’est comme ça, arrêtez de croire tout les journalistes (surtout Américains..) qui abuse sur toutes les critique peux avoir une affaire de ce genre. Ce jeu n'est serte pas très "glorieux", cela a cause d'une minorité de joueur non dépucelé qui cherchent le sexe sur habbo
Adult Written byM&M1995 August 18, 2014

Virtual chat world with cute avatars is inappropriate for tweens and under.

I had multiple accounts on Habbo Hotel when I was younger, and I can tell you from experience that children are better off with other virtual chat worlds such as Club Penguin. With that being said, for teenagers I would recommend Habbo over IMVU any day. Habbo Hotel gives users the option of customizing their cutesy, pixelated avatars with an array of clothing and hairstyles. They then head into the world of Habbo Hotel, where they can chat, dance, and participate in cool events and hilarious competitions. Users can either visit public chat rooms or private rooms created by other Habbo users. The public chat rooms, from my knowledge, are moderated. Private chat rooms are run by the users themselves. They have the right to ban or boot you from their room for no apparent reason, which is what happens way too often in Habbo Hotel. If they simply don't like the way your avatar looks, or if you're not a paid VIP member, you will surely encounter situations like this at one point or another. Private rooms are themed after restaurants, bars, shopping centres, nail salons, and hospitals, and users tend to roleplay. I am pretty certain that the language is filtered, so the major swears are translated into "bobba," but users will find ways to work around the filter. (Also, I may be wrong but I think there is an option to remove the filter anyways). Just like in any virtual world, you will find friendly people to chat with, and especially in Habbo since most users are in their early teens and are less likely to be crude and rude. However, there are still those users who will want to engage in sex chat by inviting you to their private room, or harrassing you by sending you numerous messages to your inbox. If I remember correctly, such users can be blocked or reported, but a lot of the complaints are not taken seriously which is upsetting. Privacy is always an issue when it comes to these sites, but if you don't reveal any personal information (and you are not forced to reveal much personal information when you sign up), then all will be good. The upside to Habbo Hotel is that it is 100% free to join, and there is nothing to download, as it is a browser-based experience. Therefore, there is no need to worry about potential viruses or malicious software being downloaded to your computer. Unfortunately, if you want to have access to more customization options and other priveleges, in addition to earning more gold coins, you have to be a paid member.
Parent of a 4, 7, and 14 year old Written byKateCherryMom May 27, 2013

Habbo: For mature 13+ - Play now! So fun!

My daughter plays this and shes 14! She loves it too! :D Its a fun creative world for teens where you don't have to buy clothes using virtual currency and its easy to buy things! I saw this review and then my daughters.. they were somehow nearly totally different. I dont mind about the kissing booth or blow kiss..(cybering.. baad ideea) as teens need to learn about love sometime or other, right? So obviously have a go and have some fun :) - Usefull words- Bobba is swearing/angry words and newbie or norm are normally used to describe new people, so kind peeps can help show them around :D. Stay safe everyone and remeber the Golden respect rule! IT WILL Come in handy
Adult Written byDhimitry June 19, 2012

Never go on Habbo !

There isn't moderator on this website, forum talk about racism and sexe. in the appart this is only for havig cyber sex, a lot of habbos ask you to make a strip tease on skype or msn... vary bad. you must pay a lot of monay to play correctly. (sorry for my english, i'm french user)
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 April 30, 2012

habbo

Families can also discuss consumerism in virtual worlds