Kid, 7 years old November 3, 2009

perfect for 15 and up

habbo is a place where you can make a virtual you, but the thing is that there is what too many bad language, too sexual, and too much drugs drinking and smoking
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeIsJenn July 5, 2009

If the kid using the site is mature then go ahead, let them.

It's not the sites fault for the laungage being used. There are "ignore" buttons for when people are cussing, fighting or being rude in general and there are MODs which they can call for using the blue question mark. I've been using Habbo for about a year now and I've had HC [didn't win coins but bought them] but I found it more fun to just participate in chats and just have fun. If you just ignore the mean people then you can have a great day. The real problem are new-bee's thinking that everyone does vertual drugs, vertual cursing, and vertual sex. Most of them are probably 9-11. My sister is 10 and she thought the same thing. I sat her down and told her other wise and now she really enjoys it. Dont give it bad rating for the kids, the site does all it can.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009
Ok.......10- seems a little too young.....11+ seems ok but 13+ is best.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2016

Habbo couldn't get any worse

This is a good game for teenagers but this game is very dangerous. There are many reasons. 1) IT'S COMMON FOR YOU TO GET HACKED BY OTHER PEOPLE 2)There's no way to get free currency, you need to PAY in order to get credits and diamonds 3) Too much scams, some uncareful teens can get HACKED INSTEAD OF GETTING WHAT THEY WANT (scams are phishing links) 4) you need an EMAIL in order to play and other players can EASILY SWITCH YOUR EMAIL AND STEAL THEM 5) When Habbo gets updated more, players say MORE BAD WORDS 6) You can ONLY get free credits from surveys that tell you to give out PERSONAL INFORMATION 7) Some teens don't follow the rules and get banned or terminated. That's all.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

Habbo Is AWESOME!

I Play on Habbo and im only 10. If someone says a bad word i click the shut up button and report for foul language. My name is Anthony101Fan. Add me as a friend and we can talk about making a saftey group. It sometimes teaches you to express yourself to others.
Kid, 8 years old March 13, 2010
awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilydog945 March 23, 2014

Totally Not For Children!!!!!!

There were beds that people could lay in, and I saw people having sex! I saw major drinking and cussing, and there were people saying things like, - kisses boobs- It is totally not for children, or even Tweens and teens! What I'm saying, is don't even bother on this website. Keep searching.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2013

perverts play this

perverted game
Teen, 13 years old Written byStarX May 23, 2012

Okay, but NOT for kids 12 and under...

I think it is actually wrong to blame Habbo for this, as habbo is not responsible for the language, but its users are. But two important things are :- (1) Not all users are bad, as for me... (Crinox07 on habbo) (2) Sometimes habbo dont display extremely harmful words... But acc to me, the site is not bad. somehow its like facebook, but with a virtual representation. BUT always think twice before letting your child register here, thats important too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeukenrol July 6, 2015

Fun for mature tweens and up!

I myself have been a habbo player since 2011, as long as you don't go to rooms that say love, or love hotel or anything like that, you're probably not going to get a lot of trouble with people in habbo. you ofcourse have the scammers and whatnot, but those people are everywhere on the internet. a very big downside however is that you need to pay for a lot of things. i'd reccomend habbo for MATURE kids and up because i myself have made lifelong friends on habbo which i have been friends with for at least 3 years.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2013

Dumb.

Stupid Website
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2013

NOT good.

I went on habbo about a year ago. I only went on for about three days. Minutes after I had entered, I already got bombarded with sexual chat and people requesting me to go on webcam with them. I was eleven, now twelve for crying out loud, I don't want to be pressured into doing these kinds of things. Even the Channel 4 News did a report on habbo and it's sexual content. To be completely honest, I wouldn't even listen the the sites suggested age to join. 14+ or maybe even older should be the age requirement. If you are a child below that age or a parent wondering whether their child/children should join this website, I strongly suggest you don't even think about it.
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2012

OK, but pushes coins and VIP memberships

Habbo is starting to mute the hotel because people keep cussing and saying bad words. And I saw full rooms that say "Teen party" and "Sexy singles dating and beds" and "Gay, bi, lez, and trans chat! (gay, bisexual, lesbos, and transvesual habbos)". And most rooms now have group gates and stuff like that. And on roller wired mazes, VIPS and blockers hog seats and trip you sending you back to the start, cussing you out and calling you a noob. It's not fair. They even said they were removing pixels! :O
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2011

Fun, fun , fuuun

Love the game! Its really fun! But you have to pay to be a proper member and buy cooler stuff and clothes! But you can go to other peoples rooms. You type in a word such as 'disco' or 'adoption center' or even 'plane' and it comes up with different rooms made by other users. The goodthing is, It may not be a strong filter but you can ban people from the room or kick them out, (if you are the owner or have been give rights (you can give rights to your friends so they can ban or kick people out )) or report them to the habbo hotel team! Chat, meet people, make your avatar look like whatever you want them to look like, and have fun!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaytay7998 March 31, 2010

Perfect for 11+

I use it. Im thirteen and if u try and curse or say the word: sex it blocks it with the word bobba. So its safer than the site thinks.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuri Serenula March 19, 2010

OK for older teens but not for younger kids.

This site is OK but there is a lot of guys going around looking for cyber sex but there are some good things. You can play games but there are scammers who are just trying to steal your coins. The owner has started to invite music guests to answer questions. It's fun but not good for younger kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydjfuse April 9, 2008

kids should have fun because when they get board .

when kids get board they can logg on and have funny

NEVER

Unless you want to meet sickos, dont play this game!
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe_truth101 August 1, 2016

Anyone thinking of going to this site, Beware of the three sins.

Habbo is a game for many young children aged 13+ though many things are wrong with habbo, such as moderators, muting. and sexting. It has two directory's (One on pc) and the other for the phone (Free btw but very buggy) Common problem: Sexting is most common for habbo. People create loopholes in order to stop moderators from muting (Which if caught you get a warning, and a 30 day probation - which I believe is too long for a game) Online bullying - Norms are normal people who don't waste money on HC. I been a HC for 12 month, and I never once bullied a norm. Even Corrupted moderators: sometimes you do report something, they can put it as false report and is consequential without warning or any note your report. Or if lucky say they will take a (False) appropriate action to the habbo, but I have not yet seen any sign of it. They moderate the dialogue you say (Which filters the word called Bobba which sounds a bit vulgar to me) Extra info: Hacking was a slight problem but it was fixed, and no this game does not contain any viruses. And the ad's are annoying as you enter the rooms.