All teen and kid member reviews for Habbo

Kid, 7 years old November 3, 2009

perfect for 15 and up

habbo is a place where you can make a virtual you, but the thing is that there is what too many bad language, too sexual, and too much drugs drinking and smoking
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeIsJenn July 5, 2009

If the kid using the site is mature then go ahead, let them.

It's not the sites fault for the laungage being used. There are "ignore" buttons for when people are cussing, fighting or being rude in general and there are MODs which they can call for using the blue question mark. I've been using Habbo for about a year now and I've had HC [didn't win coins but bought them] but I found it more fun to just participate in chats and just have fun. If you just ignore the mean people then you can have a great day. The real problem are new-bee's thinking that everyone does vertual drugs, vertual cursing, and vertual sex. Most of them are probably 9-11. My sister is 10 and she thought the same thing. I sat her down and told her other wise and now she really enjoys it. Dont give it bad rating for the kids, the site does all it can.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009
Ok.......10- seems a little too young.....11+ seems ok but 13+ is best.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

Habbo Is AWESOME!

I Play on Habbo and im only 10. If someone says a bad word i click the shut up button and report for foul language. My name is Anthony101Fan. Add me as a friend and we can talk about making a saftey group. It sometimes teaches you to express yourself to others.
Kid, 8 years old March 13, 2010
awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byStarX May 23, 2012

Okay, but NOT for kids 12 and under...

I think it is actually wrong to blame Habbo for this, as habbo is not responsible for the language, but its users are. But two important things are :- (1) Not all users are bad, as for me... (Crinox07 on habbo) (2) Sometimes habbo dont display extremely harmful words... But acc to me, the site is not bad. somehow its like facebook, but with a virtual representation. BUT always think twice before letting your child register here, thats important too.
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2012

OK, but pushes coins and VIP memberships

Habbo is starting to mute the hotel because people keep cussing and saying bad words. And I saw full rooms that say "Teen party" and "Sexy singles dating and beds" and "Gay, bi, lez, and trans chat! (gay, bisexual, lesbos, and transvesual habbos)". And most rooms now have group gates and stuff like that. And on roller wired mazes, VIPS and blockers hog seats and trip you sending you back to the start, cussing you out and calling you a noob. It's not fair. They even said they were removing pixels! :O
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2011

Fun, fun , fuuun

Love the game! Its really fun! But you have to pay to be a proper member and buy cooler stuff and clothes! But you can go to other peoples rooms. You type in a word such as 'disco' or 'adoption center' or even 'plane' and it comes up with different rooms made by other users. The goodthing is, It may not be a strong filter but you can ban people from the room or kick them out, (if you are the owner or have been give rights (you can give rights to your friends so they can ban or kick people out )) or report them to the habbo hotel team! Chat, meet people, make your avatar look like whatever you want them to look like, and have fun!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaytay7998 March 31, 2010

Perfect for 11+

I use it. Im thirteen and if u try and curse or say the word: sex it blocks it with the word bobba. So its safer than the site thinks.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuri Serenula March 19, 2010

OK for older teens but not for younger kids.

This site is OK but there is a lot of guys going around looking for cyber sex but there are some good things. You can play games but there are scammers who are just trying to steal your coins. The owner has started to invite music guests to answer questions. It's fun but not good for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeukenrol July 6, 2015

Fun for mature tweens and up!

I myself have been a habbo player since 2011, as long as you don't go to rooms that say love, or love hotel or anything like that, you're probably not going to get a lot of trouble with people in habbo. you ofcourse have the scammers and whatnot, but those people are everywhere on the internet. a very big downside however is that you need to pay for a lot of things. i'd reccomend habbo for MATURE kids and up because i myself have made lifelong friends on habbo which i have been friends with for at least 3 years.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysarah09 October 22, 2014

Virus

I went on habbo hotel and had fun but then it gave me a virus. I have a new laptop now and I do not want anyone else to get this virus on their laptop even though you have virus protection. And it can produce violence and too much sex. ANY AGES ! Too much spending money. My friend went on it and she wanting trouble with someone because of this game.
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2014

A game for nerd

if the kid plays it but have security(no speak year,place)the game is good(but the fathers need buy coins for the game)
Teen, 13 years old Written byPllarmy8 May 18, 2014

The Honest Truth

I just started playing Habbo about 2 months ago. And so far my experiences haven't been that great. Habbo has a lot of sexual content. One time I was locked in a room with this random guy and he tried to rape me and then when I said let me leave he threatened to ban me for life. Almost Everytime I come online random guys will flirt with me. A guy started hugging and kissing my friend and we didn't even know him. You can drink alcohol on Habbo. Your avatar can drink champagne or a cocktail or beer. The moderators don't really do anything. There are some psycho people on Habbo, that will pretend kill you and lock you in rooms. Habbo is actually pretty scary and I do not recommend it unless you're a mature 16 year old and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilydog945 March 23, 2014
LEARNING

Totally Not For Children!!!!!!

There were beds that people could lay in, and I saw people having sex! I saw major drinking and cussing, and there were people saying things like, - kisses boobs- It is totally not for children, or even Tweens and teens! What I'm saying, is don't even bother on this website. Keep searching.
Kid, 9 years old August 26, 2013

NO! NOT FOR CHILDREN!

No way11 there are a bunch of stuff on there kids shouldnt see believe me ive went on it just to try it see what it was about then i realize and see 2 guys kissing each other it was really nasty! there is a bunch of teen stuff on it and im seeing a bunch of bad language
Teen, 14 years old Written byjorjaestelle August 26, 2013

Don't Do It -__-

Its Awesome.. You Get A Free Virus With Every Visit! You Can Be Invited To S__ Rooms! You Can Even Get Hacked (You Must Have Alot Of Items First)
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandylove1o1 August 12, 2013

I love it!

I've played Habbo for years and it isn't awful at all. Habbo has gotten a lot more strict so "cybersex" and other sexualness is not permitted. They track down "strip clubs" and delete them from Habbo. I'm beginning to see less and less of these sexual rooms everyday. And I rarely now see anyone chatting people and telling them to go on cam. Habbo users have also gotten much more mature, instead of designing these stripclubs, they design fun and challenging games with levels such as Temple Run using the wired given in Habbo. Habbo also provides a new perspective for children in the construction area, because it brings out their creativity and allows them to use it to build new and original rooms for themselves or for the Habbo community. I think that the common sense reviews given are over exaggerated. Overall I believe this website gives a positive influence in creating and designing, however it is a chat website, so that means it has safety/privacy concerns, although words are moderated, it's important to know to be safe online. If parents are okay with letting kids on this site but are still worried, I suggest using the parents use their e-mail for the account (this gives the e-mail notice of the account's history) and check the account daily if you are concerned.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylovesoreo July 17, 2013

Habbo Player

Well, ever since a news cast Channel 4 did habbo isn't the same. I'm a 3 year player and now that the sited was muted everything has changed. You can't say any bad word you will be blocked by saying "bobba" .The people saying this site is sexual is because if you go to the clubs or party rooms of course your going to find it. But you can't say sexual things because if you say anything about the topic you will be banned from the site. I think that the safety has improved by: when a user register they must go through the citizen test making them do quizzes about the habbo rule. Habbo has the option to ignore users or just leave the room using the "emergency exit" button if you feel the room is unappropriated. There is obvious help buttons to report users who are breaking the habbo rules. ~My experience on habbo has been well. I met people who helped me regained my confidence and just let me be myself. I think habbo is a great site to join because you can be yourself, and use your creativity to make rooms. ~ !!!! Note: buying a hc, furniture etc. need to bought with credits & some furniture can be bought with duckets which are free!!! There is also a Infobus or events that come and teach you saftey and how to handle situations.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxbilliealishax July 6, 2013

Be mature

I've been a member on Habbo now for 4 months and I can honestly say that I'm in between with Habbo. There's always competitions running, badges are so easy to get and there's many places to go. But to get all of the advantages, you need Habbo Club membership which honestly is quite expensive. With HC you can have the more trendiest clothes, hairstyles and can do anything related to HC (e.g. rent a spot near Habbo Palooza's main stage) but to get HC, you need to purchase credits. A 1 month HC membership costs 25 credits. And now for the disadvantages. One of the biggest problems on Habbo is some of the members. Many may ask for cyber sex, Skype or Kik. According to Habbo, this is not allowed. People can also get bullied and stalked. But Habbos can report this if it does happen to them. Parents, be aware and watch a close eye. And Habbo can be involved in a LOT of consumerism. Parents, make sure your child is mature enough for Habbo.