Kid reviews for IXL

IXL Poster Image

If you read this review thank you so much because ixl sucks

It's expensive it's cruel scoring system is a dumpster fire and over 3,000 people agree with me please stop using ixl and do something else like Kahn academy or Ted Ed ☹️

35 people found this helpful.
This program is very rigged and horrible not even my opinion alot of people agree the same way I do teachers assign you ixl work that when u get a question wrong I tried to read through the question and how I got it wrong which it never helped me understand how it was done. Annoying part is it loweres your smartscore by alot by alot I mean dropped down. I do not recommend kids or parents to even use this uncouraging site. Shame.
30 people found this helpful.

IXL'S BEST FEEDBACK, LOOK AT THIS

THIS APP IS HORRIBLE, a lot of people hate this app because ITS HORRIBLE, DEPRESSING, MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE BREAKING YOUR DEVICE (Thats what you should do if you have been affected by the disease of IXL please call IHATEIXL.com) VERY TRUTHFULL I SPEAK FOR ALL!

23 people found this helpful.

Don't bother

Hello i'm Liv and I am going to tell you my experience with IXL. Its horrible. This app has tons of errors! I had to buy a ten pack of stress balls after using this app..... The question was; 16.6 x 71.7 and my answer was; 1190.22 type it up on the calculator, it's correct. But not for IXL.... it said the answer was wrong and supposed to be 17.5 ? what? anyways, I hate this app. It has lots of violence because... ; It makes kids very angry that in my class, a kid stared punching his computer screen and then another kid got mad because he was making a lot of noise, and they got into a fight, punching each other.... thats also why it has to much swearing

19 people found this helpful.

More frustrating than opening a pickle jar

A good idea, executed terribly. So, I often have to use IXL for school. Teachers assign it as homework, and honestly it can be very frustrating. I know, you may discredit me because I am a teen and maybe I am just a slacker, but let me explain. IXL is often used in my school to determine where you are at on an academic level in the classroom, making use of it's diagnostic feature. Except the diagnostic is about as useful as a BuzzFeed personality quiz. But on to the frustrating parts. IXL gives you a "smart score" when doing lessons. Teachers often assign a specific smart score for you to reach, ex. 85. IXL "challenges" you by dropping your smart score increasingly more the higher you are when you answer incorrectly. Except the only thing it really challenges is your will to live. I've spent hours and hours working on single IXLs only to have 5 more to do. Please, for the love of god don't use this in your classrooms.
16 people found this helpful.

IXL an app thats supposed to help students learn but does quite the opposite

This app sucks. I am a student and I'm sure most kids agree with me that this thing sucks. Let's say you have a question on what 2 times 12 is and you put 24 and it's right, you get 2-3 points. But all of a sudden when you get one wrong they take away 6-8 points. It is the most unbalanced system ever. It caused me so much pain and time. Also, the feedback they give you when something is wrong is absolute crap. It never helps me. I've been on a single IXL lesson for 2 hrs before and it sucks to go through that. So please never use this app ever. It's absolute trash and isn't worth it. It will make students angry, frustrated, and stressed. I know this from experience. So again please never use this for any reason. It'll just frustrate and annoy students.
14 people found this helpful.

It is really bad.

This app really sucks, my teacher makes me do it everyday for homework & classwork. when you get to 90 and get one wrong you go back to 70? I have cried many times because of this app and how much stress it caused me. also when you get one wrong it barely even explains how you're wrong, and practically tells you "Sucks to bee you stupid kid." Please don't use this for your schools.

14 people found this helpful.

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

this website is absolute trash the scoring is rigged it is sooooo dumb IF I COULD GIVE IT 0 I WOULD

13 people found this helpful.

It... it just.. no. no.

Hello there, i am going to tell you how IXL RUINED MY LIFE. My teacher had just found out about it, and my classmates were excited. WELL AFTER USING IT FOR A WHILE THEY HAD SUFFERED. I heard one even ended up in the hospital! IXL owed me a new laptop. PERIOD. Now me on the other hand, was also frustrated. It keeps making up wrong answers that seem... right?! like, bruh, this app has caused so much pain. Teachers just- they don't think about how much pain ixl can cause. They obvi haven't read these reviews

12 people found this helpful.

its terrible

My son(46m)broke his computer twice(1000$) due to raging(very very mad)at ixl(bad website). I (106f) told him to stop raging and he (46m) hit me in the face (nose) and now i am in the hospital (st. judes)

11 people found this helpful.