Kid reviews for Monster High

Monster High Poster Image

Amazing show/doll

I absolutely loved and still love monster high. I still have all my dolls even though I'm a teenager and they are all still in good condition. It's a good show and to all those people saying it's inappropriate, maybe your the problem not the show. Yes some of their skirts and shorts may be short but its not weird. Plenty of people wear clothing that length and if you think its inappropriate because it shows their thighs, then your just teaching your children that its ok to sexualise girls for what they are wearing. You should be ashamed if you think that because its a great show and doll.

monster high is better than parents usually think

first of all. they are not scary or ugly. some have green skin,and? draculaura is also the embodiment of pink,how can that be scary? second of all,they are not exactly inapropiate. the clothes may be showing,but not for little girls,boxes always said 12+ anyways (before the reboot). i think what parents dont notice is that monster high is also something about acceptance and diversity,their movies/specials tackle issues like racism,police brutality,diverse families,etc. they have actually helped with actual issues,they have donated to anti bullying camps,they even made an entire event where the winners could choose a charity to them to donate to!

Misleading

The only reason I would give it a 10+ recommendation is because I believe the concept of a doll that is a monster, living in an imaginary world, is misleading and damaging to children in their real lives, mainly their perspective. Below the age of 10, I can imagine how playing with a quirky monster doll that lived in this way cooler alternate reality can damage their identity and make them feel as if their own world cant ever amount to the lives Monster High dolls live. Children may feel more excluded or more unsatisfied with the lives they lead...Only play with it when you have consolidating your environment.

How you bring up your kids is your job not an objects job

I am 14 years old and i loved monster high since i was 4. I never even had the thought of wearing make-up or wearing their kinds of clothes(tho I see nothing wrong with them) I was 4 and overall monster high was different(bratz and barbie were so boring and basic to me and still are till this day sorry if you like them its just my opinion). Lets talk about Monster high, Barbie, and bratz real quick. Now keep in mind monster high takes place in high school, they don't dress too skimpy and yes they wear makeup but look at the bratz guys. Bratz have overly big lips and eyes and their clothes consists of crop tops and monster high has not once had a crop top. I dare you to look up monster high then bratz and look at the difference in clothing choices. But keep in mind this. is. high school! Not preschool! Now lets look at barbie. Shes been around for years and as far as i can see it her only problem was her very slim body but they fixed that and made barbies that had different body shapes. Barbies clothing and monster highs clothing nearly include the same choices(shirts, skirts, dresses,shorts, and heels) . And monster send a message for girls to be confident and be they're selves.

My FAVORITE as a kid

I found out about monster high in first grade and BEGGED my parents for a doll for Christmas. I was so obsessed I wanted monster high everything, and to be fair I still do. It was my childhood, and being that young and still enjoying it, not seeing it as "creepy" or "sexual" just shows some parents need to calm down. As for the old movies I mainly find them funny because they're bad, but in a good way. There's nothing bad about the messages or stories and they mainly have great messages. I wouldn't recommend the reboot dolls because they just aren't the same as the originals. Overall great and I'd love for Mattel to bring back the old dolls.

Stop being so sensitive

Listen I grew up playing with monster high dolls (before the reboot) and they actually were very inspiring. They taught me fashion was a way to express yourself and it helped me face my fear of being judged by putting myself out there with an outfit I feel confident in. They teach you that it’s okay to be unique and different. And for those of you worrying about the short skirts, your only sexualizing girls in front of your kid. Their young and monster high dolls don’t wear short skirts to show off their thighs but to experiment with fashion. And if you make it about sex then the only one damaging your kid is you.
Monster high is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt let my 5 year old sister watch the web series! Dx

My 5 year old sister was watching lalaloopsy and she came across monster high videos on youtube! I think she picked up Cleo as a role model and was sent home from school many times because she was trying to "act" like cleo does (Cleo is like the main antagonist of the series) :( I have no problem if your children watch it for fun, but if they start taking negative points from the show, (like for example, sudden intrest in boys/boyfriends or 'popularity' or maybe even teen magazines) then you might want to keep your daughter away from monster high.

scary

i think its ok but a little scary

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 3 Monster High dolls.