Parent reviews for MovieStarPlanet

Serious privacy, content issues with celebrity fantasy site.

Adult Written bysimon112 May 25, 2016

Horrible

my kid LOVES this game but I made her quit for reasons: 1, the VIP, when I said No to letting her have the membership she threw a 5 year old fit. 2, this person messaged her saying "wanna make some babies" obviously the person wanted sex. 3, the animations can be disgusting, MY DAUGHTER GOT A TWERKING ANIMATION! 4, ppl pretending to drink and smoke in the horrible graphic chatrooms its just ugly. if u wanna let your child get highly addicted to this and traumatized because of this game then GO AHEAD

Adult Written byI LOVE MY CHILDREN January 23, 2020

TOO SEXUAL

I was spectating my child playing this game she was laughing and having fun, which I assumed was a normal thing for children to do on games. NO. as soon as I saw this I made an account of my own. This game has too many sexual people I was in a "beach chatroom", I decided to lay down on one of the pretty towels that are placed on the floor. ALL OF A SUDDEN, a boy comes over and starts doing pushups on my character saying I was his "gym mat" I was disgusted. he then started making sound such as "mmm" I had had enough of it and quickly left the game I took the account from my daughter. She is 16 and I don't think this game is appropriate for children this game should be for players ages 18 and up.

If you're going to let your children play this game I would recommend making weekly checks to their account for safety purposes.

Adult Written byTaylorRaee January 16, 2016

Crap. **CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT**

As an older sister, I don't recommend this game. You see, my little sister who is 8, plays this. I think it is NOT a safe place for children under about maybe 15. I remember when I used to play it and I quit due to all the sexual, gross content. One day while she was playing it, I talked to my dad about why she should not play MSP. I told her to get off that game, and play something else. The outfits can be very disturbing, and actions can too. It's really stupid having to be treated like bull once you join. There is NO safety, I would recommend Animal Jam for the ages 7-13.

Adult Written byCoolMom72 February 17, 2019

Really?

So, bullying is quite a bit of a problem on here. My daughter entered a chat room, and girls started attacking her for no reason. I admit, she threw back some insults too, but nothing as bad as what those girls were saying. She blocked and reported both of them, but it was somehow her that got her account suspended for a day. Not fair, not cool.

Adult Written byCookie160 July 28, 2018

Been playing forever

I've been playing msp since I was 10 now I'm 16 it's just an addicting game to Express yourself. You can't really be hacked unless the password to the account is given out and even if that happens it's best to have the account hooked up to an email so if you're kid does get hack you can hurry up and reset the password. A look so yes there are pervs but there are pervs on any game you go on nowadays because people can easily lie about their age. Parents just need to sit down with their kids and talk to them about how to know if someone uhhh s bad. Also it would also be a good idea to monitor their messages at least till their around 16. Yes people find loop holes to say certain words but what do u expect some teens play the games
Parent Written byAmara S. February 11, 2018

This Game has chaned since last reviews!

Ok, so recently I had seen a lot of backlash at this game, but I must say the game has changed since of mid 2017! The code of conduct has apparently changed, and when i made "my own account" it was normal for a kids game around this time. There were no mean, people as most people were nice to each other. There weren't any inappropriate things, and the two mentors Pixi star and Zac sky are helpful.

Adult Written bybege63 May 30, 2016

Big rip off preying on and taking advantage of young children and tweens

My granddaughter got hacked on this site and lost hundreds of diamonds star coins I bought her on a 3 day Easter special that was supposed to include 1 year VIP status to start when her current year ran out. She did not get any of the things I paid for because as soon as she received her diamonds somebody was able to hack into her account with a 30 character alpha numeric upper and lower case password. Customer service with them is an insult and bad joke. They asked me 3 times to send them the receipt, which I did initially and was still in the email trail. Then they found their own receipt emailed from them to me unacceptable and asked for a bank statement. I finally sent a picture with my account number blacked out because I really think this hacking originates from inside their organization. How else did someone know she had just received hundreds of diamonds and star coins? They were depleted within minutes while she did password changes 5 times. Each time she got booted out of the site and I could see someone using her account because I was logged on as another user. All their responses are canned to deny, belittle the user, and avoid any responsibility. They insist it is impossible for users to get hacked, yet there are hundreds who report so. They insisted my granddaughter gave her password to someone, which never happened. Then they said the 5 item Easter special package didn't include VIP status, which it did, but 3 months later when it was supposed to kick in was impossible to prove. Much of the content is age inappropriate and preys on the worse insecurities and fears of pre-teens. It's a terrible way to run a business taking advantage of young children and refusing to address the serious issues with their site.

Adult Written by[email protected] June 4, 2016

They are shady

Don't do it! We paid for VIP 55.00 dollars. once we bought it my daughter got her account hacked then suspended, and then indefinitely suspended. Administrators are from Europe, and do not care.
Adult Written byTerry Holloman January 25, 2020

Not for very young kids..

I say 11+ because, if you are smart you will know not to fall for hackers and won't get hacked, and they have more sense when it comes to that. Yeah, there are a few times when a weirdo will text you, but older kids will know to block them.

Adult Written byCarlz0811 September 12, 2019

Appalling

This game should be shut down. My daughter used to play this game until i read her chats and found that she was being cyber-bullied. Some of the stuff they were saying to her upset me let alone her. She was told not to say anything to us or they would get her. She blocked them to find the following day that her account had been suspended. I contacted the company myself and found them to show no concern for the situation whatsoever. Please do not allow your children to get involved with this game.

Adult Written byxPetalsOfFatex July 21, 2019

Honest Opinion

Started playing the game when i was 17. Left because, i got a little older and, felt like i was too old for the game. But, people need to be careful letting their children play on this website unsupervised. There's been reports of people at the ages of 40 and 50 using MovieStarPlanet to date children. If your child is online, and, they come across someone who says they're in their 40's or 50's, please tell them to NOTIFY you. Also there's been reports of hacking on the website. There's been hackers who are known for hacking into people's computer's, shutting them down, and, cutting the wifi and, changing the screen savers. If your child gets booted off their account and, their status says: "Hacked!" or "Hacked. You've been warned!" with a devil emoji ((d)), Tell an admin. Also, the community on MSP is bad. Once again, there's more than just kids who play the game. There's even young adults (Who are around my age)(15-19) who also play MSP and, use it to harass people and, "Troll". Once again, this is just MY experience with the website.

Adult Written byalltheusernames... December 13, 2018

Not really.

I'd played this game before when I was younger and I decided to play games that were for my age.
I came back to this game and...it's just wrong.
People swearing, saying sexual things like this isn't right.
I've also notice that there are still 18 year old playing this game and dating 15 or 16 year old....Eww for one your about to leave high school and your still playing a game that have children and teens on here and your basically a full adult .

Adult Written byOlivia G. June 17, 2017

It's a pretty good game, but it's not really a good game for young children.

I've played MSP for quite a long time (by the way, I am 15.) and as I have continued playing it sort of shocked me how the game is directed for young kids.
The clothes are very mature and tramp-y. There are short skirts, dresses and even bras that you are allowed to wear.
Some users act very sexual. They ask for sex, cuss, twerk, and do other inappropriate acts like that.
There is a slight risk of getting hacked. This isn't much of a problem, considering that the only way you can really get hacked is if you share your password.
Overall I recommend this to ages 14 and up.

Adult Written bylouise q. November 24, 2016

Way over pricey and inappropriate.

If you really want to have your child/children to play this game go ahead. But just to tell you there is some inappropriate content on the website. If you really think online dating isn't bad that is your opinion but for most parents opinions it's bad. On this game you actually online date people. Which I'm concerned how that isn't against a rule on this website to get banned for. Now on most children websites you can actually get punished with a ban for online dating. Tell me how this isn't against their website rules. Another thing. I feel like some kids play this so much they need the purchases of VIP and starcoins every day. Which for parents to take out of their pockets is expensive. Because you can have one week of normal VIP on this website and then figure out a week later it expires. Once it expires you can only get 10 star coins a day from doing small quest. Or also making a movie. But if you don't have VIP or are popular nobody normally watches your movie. Which makes you buy VIP again for your child for more coins and to get one free club. Which who would want only two things on the website coins to buy stuff for your character and a club I know there's a few other things such as diamonds which is another currency to buy stuff such as clothes, anmations, and stuff in the diamond shop but that isn't much. So my review is that this website is 2 stars.

Adult Written byMspscams June 18, 2020

Moviestarplanet scammed my money.

My daughter purchased the diamond pack item thing whatever it is for the year. She was not able to color the items as she pleased, she gave MSP an email and they said as long as she sent screenshots showing the recycled logo over the diamond pack items they would re-grant her a new set. She took screenshots of the items being recycled as they asked and sent screenshots to the emails, the same emails that were emailing back to. They claim that no screenshots were ever sent. My daughter and I made sure we sent multiple screenshots to all of their emails. So my daughter does not have any of the clothing items she purchased from the diamond pack we bought.

Adult Written byIM A KAREN June 6, 2020

Its Bad.

Msp Is bad because it has skimpy clothes way too skinny for the beach B)
You can date somebody
you can be up to 70 years old

Good: Lots of kind ppl
Help others
Gifts

Adult Written bycatstar123 May 20, 2020

Inappropriate Website With SERIOUS Safety Issues!

This site is a guardian's WORST nightmare! The minute my children entered one of the so-called "moderated, 100% safe" chatrooms, my girl was contacted by a female user via private messaging who asked her if she was atheist and if she could play "hopscotch" with her. This automatically rose a red flag. I spent 2 hours trying to report the user, but they kept sending a warning and then locked her account (my child's) for a whole week for "false reporting"! I contacted the support team, and all I got back was a obviously automated robot message saying that my child was writing "chain letters", which had nothing whatsoever about her being locked out for a week.

My child logged back in the next morning with no problem, and the user that had sent her that message was deleted. The forums are probably the WORST feature. The minute I opened the forums up, it was a message about the spring VIP sale, which was so advertised in the site AND on the site's social media page, which is concerning, since I strongly believe this site exists for the sole purpose of money. There was forums about being gay, VERY inappropriate relationships, and even users sharing addresses and phone numbers. The site also offers a built-in YouTube feature for kids whose parents allow them to use the feature, with unlimited access to explicit music lyrics and users treat poses where they are drinking a glass of juice and say they are drinking alcohol. Really?

Adult Written bygrace131 May 15, 2020

I GOT HELP

My company just recovered over $824,000 that was lost to some online scammers all thanks to this pro hacker wisetechhacker from United kingdom. I promised to paste his contact all over the net so if you need help, contact Wise Tech on his EMAIL- (wisetechhacker @ gmail com) .He rendered me a personal service of cloning and entire cellphone within 12hours, I could monitor the entire phone on my computer. He offers many other services.

Adult Written byNicckelThePicckel May 1, 2020

SCAMMERS!

This game is a scam don’t spend ANY of your money on here. I had an account I made in 2012 that got locked out forever. I asked them what I did they said I shared my password. Which I never shared my password. I spent a lot of money on the game. I email them to get my account back and they say they need a receipt, keep in mind me and my siblings all have an account we spend money on, so I send them a receipt and they say sorry that doesn’t belong to your account. I reply saying sorry it’s hard to find receipts from back in 2015 that belong to my account because there are many accounts we own. I asked if I could send any other proof. The response was no if you don’t have what we want we can’t go any further. They didn’t even try to work with me at all. I’d advise you to spend your money on a game that’s more worth it. Don’t play MSP they will scam you.

Adult Written bykarenreviews221 April 16, 2020

Amazing

I love it got my son vip for 59 pounds, he loved it every week we get him a diamond pack for 30 quid a week he loves it you parents need teach ur kids how to block you cant just play something and not expect to get imature people texting ur kids thanks