Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011
its full of stalkers and creepy weirdos dont go on the webcam page defo (ive not been on it but ive heard horrid things about it)
Teen, 15 years old Written bygarnesab March 22, 2011
i like omegle i don't think its for younger kids but deffintly for older did you know that there is an adult omegle...
Teen, 15 years old Written by_ozymandias_ February 28, 2010

...

I'm 12 and I go on omegle a lot.. Like, I don't give anyone info on me but it's really fun to do when you're bored. I mean, if I had like little kids I wouldn't let them go on, but for people 12 and older it's cool. They don't have to give people their information..it's like, their choice. Soo if you're iffy about it just like look at it yourself and maybe monitor your kid depending on how old they are..But I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just a website. It's not like some creepy old pedophile is gonna crawl out of your kid's computer and steal them or something. I think y'all are being too uptight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCentallith May 2, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byanissa919 August 4, 2010

discusting

alot of sexual behavior
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS

My friend showed me this website and really there is a LOT of bad things on it and my friend likes to chat me too but we immeditaley disconnect if there is something bad like they say they r naughty or want to go on webcam. My friend had went on webcam one time and some guy was on there who showed his genitals. I really wouldn't recommend for me. Wait until you are 13 or older or until you are mature. It's very disappointing how some things are in this world. Never go on webca, you are just being stupid if you do. I haven't and don't want to.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvjbsomuch April 21, 2011

Fun, addictive but has a lot of iffy stuff

Site is fun and addictive. But there are all people of all ages on the site. Some are nice people who r just looking for a good chat. Oters personal information. And some are pervert who demand cyber sex or sex chats. The site can be fun if u talk to the right people and it can be safe if u are careful about the people u talk to and what info u give out. Bottom line, how safe the site is is up to the user. But the inapropreat content is somewht up to the user but every user does eventually run into a pervert or creeper.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 May 3, 2010

HORRIBLE SITE NEVER GO TO IT EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this site not for kids and not suggested for adults people say VERY bad things useing colorful words , even if u do use it and are older still go to another site
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnne Joliette May 24, 2012

From a person who's used enough of Omegle to know its basics.

One thing I have to say: Do NOT go on Omegle if you are easily insulted. It is not for the faint-hearted as well. Almost all of the Omegle community is in love with Hitler. I have seen too many Holocaust and 9/11 jokes. One thing I see too much as well is "Are you horny?" or "ASL?". The "N" word is one of the most commonly used word, as well as other derogatory terms for homosexuals, Jews, Muslims and others. About 1 out of 2 people is a pervert, and many, many questions on Spy Mode are disgustingly inappropriate. That said, you can find a few people worth chatting with, and I have to say, it was truly worth the struggle of skipping those dumb questions. A tip I have: Put interests in the Interest box before chatting, so that you can talk to people who like the same things as you do. With this, I found absolutely no undesirable person for a long time! So, as a 15-year-old who knows what she's talking about, take my word for it. Maybe people of that age might have a hard time with Omegle, so just wait until you feel comfortable with these things.
Teen, 14 years old Written byheehaw December 8, 2009

Hilarious, as long as you were raised right.

as long as you aren't foolish and give out personal information, it's hilarious. if your parents gave you the ability to discern between someone it's okay to tell about yourself and someone you absolutely shouldn't, it's fine. in all honesty, picking up a phone and calling a random number is far more dangerous, and hey, haven't we all done that?
Teen, 17 years old Written byjames.wolf75 January 25, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeboEstel January 5, 2013

Text Chat is okay, but the video chat is NOT for kids.

Omegle? Well, It's definitely not for anyone under 13. Many people say that it's for adults only, but I think that's going a little too far. I myself have had very awesome conversations on omegle, and even though I've had my fair share of encounters with people that want cybersex, it isn't that bad. Especially now that omegle has given us the option to find people by interests. We can add in a few things that we like, and find someone that will talk about that instead of sex. However, I don't recommend the video omegle for anyone under 16 or 17. There are some things that can't be unseen, and you'll see a lot of those things on the video chat for omegle. Kids shouldn't be forced to see the disgusting things people have seen, and even though video chats offer an even more interesting way to communicate, it's not worth it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBillie_O June 25, 2011

Another Review

Well, I went to the chat with strangers. The first one was OK, he didn't cuss out or anything, but he left. The second one asked if I wanna f^ck. I left, of course. There's too much trash on it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJohnny The Stick December 31, 2013

Another Good Tool Put to a Bad Use

Omegle is a chat site in which two random strangers are paired together. The very nature of this is risky, especially for children. If Omegle's user-base were better, it might be a true success. However, Omegle's user base is made up almost entirely of people looking for sex (or to give you a virus of some other sort). However, there's nothing wrong with using the internet to arrange hookups or what-have-you, this is one of the many reasons this is particularly unsafe for children. The gross number of automated users is ridiculous, making it quite frustrating to use Omegle at times (that's the price we pay for convenience). The site contains advertisements at certain points. Although generally anonymous, it is possible to share personal information, especially if one is gullible. With the right amount of judgement, this site is probably acceptable for a person 14 or older. However, with the unpredictable nature of the user base and the anonymity offered by the internet, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymangoshakespeare December 1, 2012

Fun, but sometimes sketchy.

I was just there, and as a 16 yr old girl i had to wade through some creeps. However, On my 4th try, i had a great conversation with a nice boy, who didn't end or chat as soon as i said i wouldn't share personal info or pics but rather just wanted a nice discussion. In the end it was fun, but I would not reccommend it to anyone who is offended by sexual content or language. Beware of pictures, i accidentally clicked on a very sexually explicit photo one creep sent me. As revenge, i lied and told him i was actually a 45 yr old brazilian drug dealer with aids. he quickly hung up. That will teach him. So bottom line, if you're patient you can have a nice conversation, but definately not for any young children.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2010

never let your kids use this site.

this site is risky. and im telling u. with a lot of f-bombs. this site is for perves only.X3 just kidding but there r realy perves on this site.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2012

why i hate omegle

well my little sister met a guy on there they were talking for hours they both decid they were there for a chat and thats all they both realy liked each other and he gave her his moible number she was 12 and he was 16 when i found the texts measges on her phone i was fuming with anger they were planning to meet i made her spill all otherwise i would of told our parents i know it sounds horriable but i ended up telling our parents :O
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcake249 September 27, 2012

High on Sexting Risk!

It's a site tht kids dont care about the girl or boy's age as long as their willing to put out by... sexting, these boys and girls r manipulative and can trick ur children into sending inappropriate photos of themselves, they'll lie about their age and get personal info out of people, these risk's r especially dangerous for girls of a younger age and girl's trying to "fit in" Basically, i say stay clear unless you hv a strong enough will power to ignore all the perverts that r on there... there r a few nice people who use this app though:)
Teen, 16 years old Written bythegamer67 August 24, 2012

It's a waste of time, and is just disgusting.

ASL. It's what you see every time you go into a text chat. Also don't even bother going into video chats. Just guys jacking off. Seriously.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteaccc May 21, 2016