Parents' Guide to

OnlyFans.com

By Erin Brereton, Common Sense Media Reviewer

age 18+

Kids should skip fee-focused, adult-oriented content.

OnlyFans.com Poster Image

A Lot or a Little?

What you will—and won't—find in this website.

Community Reviews

age 14+

Based on 22 parent reviews

age 18+

A Bad Place.

This site sucks first of all; and it's basically "Soft-Core" Porn. It's a disgusting mess, and I mean it. When I caught my 10-year-old on the site I freaked out; And let's just say. I grounded him into the floor. Though, enough fun & games. This site is for nobody but for middle-aged men to sit in their basements and watch videos of women in erotic positions.
age 18+

Is It Any Good?

Our review:
Parents say (22 ):
Kids say (11 ):

The subscription-based content on this site runs the gamut from workout tip-related posts to sexually charged teasers for images that show a lot of skin, most of which isn't for kids. Many OnlyFans.com profiles seem to be more provocative than informational. The site has fewer nudity-related regulations than other sites, which may be its main draw. One user says it's somewhere people can see things she can't share anywhere else -- indicating why it's probably not a great site for kids. Users have to sign up for an account to access more than just the site's registration page. They can then either create their own promotional profile or view other people's -- although the site wasn't really designed for aimless searching. The limited search functionality makes it difficult to find profiles, aside from the few you're shown, unless you know who you're looking for. Some creators try to get around that by posting partial links or their profile name as a comment on other users' posts. The site developers suggest that creators drum up interest for their page elsewhere, such as other social media sites they're on -- which could prove challenging for less famous users.

OnlyFans.com has numerous ways for creators to monetize their presence. They can set a subscription price for their page, or let people sign up to see content for free but charge for certain posts and livestreams. Creators can also add a tipping feature to their page after making 10 posts and frequent updates. According to the site FAQ, creators receive 80% of the revenue their page earns from subscriptions, paid messages, and tips, potentially netting them between $1,499 and $7,495 a month, and the other 20% goes toward payment processing and other costs. But promoting your page through OnlyFans.com seems challenging, since there's little chance users will stumble across it. Even if they did, the visual content would be grayed out unless they agree to purchase a subscription, sight unseen. The monetization aspect sets a tone that makes OnlyFans.com feel very different from profile-based social media sites. Whether users are posting thong photos because sex sells, or just because they can, there are better venues kids can use to connect with people they know.

Website Details

  • Genre: Fan Sites
  • Pricing structure: Paid, Free
  • Last updated: February 16, 2021

Did we miss something on diversity?

Research shows a connection between kids' healthy self-esteem and positive portrayals in media. That's why we've added a new "Diverse Representations" section to our reviews that will be rolling out on an ongoing basis. You can help us help kids by suggesting a diversity update.

Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.

See how we rate