All teen and kid member reviews for OurWorld

Teen, 13 years old Written byEvonyflyer November 8, 2010
I love this website it is wonderful and great! You can make lots of friends and make profiles, which is fun. This website doesn't allow you to share too much personal information either.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHelenMagicMushroom September 4, 2011

Please, before you think of this review as another "stupid person who plays ourWorld" review- read it. It might just talk some sense into you.

Okay. Okay. For those of you who have played ourWorld and rated it one star, tell me why you came all this way to come a review on a reviewing website? Is it because something so terrible happened to you that you just had the urge to warn people about it? Because, that's great. But honestly, have you actually thought about the other reasons to play? Good reasons: For one, it's a brilliant social website. I have met so many people who are so lovely, and so nice to talk to. It's brought up my confidence a lot. At first I was afraid that if I said something I would be dumped on by other people. It's taught me that I can have my own say, and listen to other people's views too. It's taught me that not everyone is fair, and you are the one who has to make it fair. On the money side, it's taught me to be patient and not spend all my money in one go. It's taught me to save, and that will be incredibly useful in later life. It's also showed me that not everyone in the world are sweet and kind. Obviously you get 25 year olds playing on there to be rude to children, but that's taught me to stick up for myself and others around me. It's showed that I need to keep in consideration that not everyone on the internet is trustworthy, and that I should keep to myself should inappropriate matters arise. My punctuation has improved drastically. At first, when I joined, I spok lyk dis, but now I use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Now, I think that's pretty useful. It teaches you to be independent and dedicated. Say, if you're playing a game, you want to be at the top. You want to be the best. It shows you to push yourself. Bad reasons: Items are expensive. Therefore, you buy more gems. But honestly, this is a brilliant money-making scheme. It's addictive. A lot of people spend their time on here rather than seeing their friends, or doing other important things. So, those are my reasons why I think ourWorld is NOT a waste of time. I think it's good for some social networking through an internet site where you can feel good about yourself. Like a cool-off session after a hard, stressful day. I hope you take my reasons into consideration. -
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 May 30, 2010

The imagination, the sex!

A lot of the clothing is bikinis. Also, there is some sex talk on there by other online users. I use this website a lot and its so much fun! Sometimes, I feel that people learn how to use their imagination.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanibabe June 29, 2009
I am a member on ourworld and i think the sex rate is very high people go to there condos and have virtual sex through the chat systems the foul language used is easily worked around you can say bad words by subsatuting different letters in but the sex content is very high and i am a memeber to ourworld
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012
LEARNING

Safer

I Like it! Obsesesed but i would want to umm..make changes to be safer on the internet, because grown men try to contact girls all the time on the site. but i block them. Just want it to be safer for younger 1s on the site.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

O.K

Ummm.....i like this website but it can lag and get annoying...some people talk about sex and it can be uncomfortable
Teen, 16 years old Written byBad Angel June 1, 2013

CHECK ON YOUR KIDS!!!

Hey, I'm a 14 Year old AND OURWORLD IS NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS ALOT OF LANGUAGE WHICH IS INAPPROPRIATE... the words are filtered but kids make their way trough it.. like usuing the words 'secs'. THEY MAKE GIRL ON GIRL EVENTS AND BAR, SECS EVENTS!!!! NO NO NO NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAY THAT THEIR PARENTS DONT KNOW THAT THEIR PLAYING OURWORLD!! I ASKED THEM WHY AND THEY SAID THAT THEIR PARENTS DONT ALLOW THEM TO DATE...I LEARNT MANY MANY BAD WORDS!!! AND I EVEN GOT INTERESTED IN GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ WATCH OUT PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakes12346253 August 5, 2011

My Review

Well, ourworld is inappropriate for kids. I played it, and I got addicted. I spent a lot of my time on it, and I now realize that it's just a waste of my time, and totally inappropriate. I mean, some people are just, well, disgusting. I can't believe they can live with themselves. It is just a horrible horrible horrible website. There is also foul language ( which is also why you shouldn't play this). You can't say the bad words as itself, but people have a way around it. And, people have these events and some people have a bar when people become drunk and such and so more inappropriate things. Ok, I began thinking, I will not have a boyfriend on here. But ourworld, makes you so addicted, that you don't even realize your doing something WAY bad. I mean, Ourworld is just NOT made for kids. If your a kid and you play this, watch out. You become obsessed and more. So, Please please please please! Do not let your child play ourworld, without your supervision. Ourworld is totally bad bad bad bad bad. I played it for at least a month, and I loved it. I read all the reviews, then I was starting to well, write this review about this such nonsense that Ourworld LETS happen. I mean, If i had a website, i'd make sure people are not aloud to say any of these words, or say like secs or something. My point is, ourworld is just a bad thing for kids. WARNING: IF YOU PLAY OURWORLD AND ARE UNDER 15, PLEASE DO NOT PLAY AGAIN. You have to be a mature 14 year old or a 15 year old to play. THIS STUFF ON OURWORLD IS BAD. I used to have no idea of bad words. now i know like all of them ( just by playing for a month). SO LISTEN UP. DO NOT PLAY UNLESS YOU ARE A MATURE 14 YEAR OLD OR A 15 YEAR OLD. IF YOUNGER HAVE AN ADULT SUPERVISE YOUR DOING.
Kid, 8 years old February 9, 2011

IT IS NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!

I HATE THIS WEBSITE!!!! on Halloween people were dressed bad and speaking of dressing bad... boys can almost be naked and girls can too boys can get out of there shoes,pants,and shirts and girls can get out of there pants,shirt,and shoes and people can walk around that way! before i knew about commonsense I played that IT IS NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

its ok for tweens

Ok, I love it! BUT! the thing is u can give hearts, write a bio, and who knows what kind of words you can 'transforme'? Oh, and did you notice that if you buy 100 gems it cost 6 $, if you buy 600 gems it cost 20 $? Isn't there any problem there? 6 x 3 = 18, = 300 gems? What do you think?
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2010
I think it is fine for 8 and me and my frend play it all the time
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnoriginal December 5, 2013

Ourworld has Changed: The Good and Bad Benefits of it

I started playing at third grade because my friends started playing. I wasn't involved in the bad things I was there to just earn flow and play random games. Now I am on level 59 and I realized I have been influenced and changed, but I know I'm not the sexual person or violent. I think you should be at the age 10+ to play. Ourworld has tried disabling the cursing, but now kids get away with it by saying "secs" or "chit", but what I really think is that the success of the popular game has also changed the people who are in charge of Ourworld. Now they have residents and gems so people start becoming greedy and spamming and hacking. Some people become very immature and innappropriate. Also Ourworld has added hearting, proposing, inappropriate dance moves like genie and wavin', and violent and innappropriate mini games. Ourworld also added censored music, but you can understand the bad words in the music. I have to admit I don't really like Ourworld anymore because of the extremely high prices and Zoe's Club and Residents are required money to become one. It is just a stupid upgrade, we shouldn't pay for it. You can by Zoe's or resident pass with gems, but the prices are also ridiculously costly. Also people are so mean all the time they don't friend new people and call them "noobs" and they make noobs to gift themselves. Also they make inappropriate events like "secs party get naked and have secs" or "girl/guy on girl/guy ;)" or people make other random stuff. Ourworld is not a good game because you are friending strangers, might be bullied, harrassed, and has a strong influence on you. But there are some benefits of ourworld like maturity (if you can control yourself), computer arts, and some people make up school events, too. Be careful of school events some people will be the teacher that is a bad role model. Also if you join a crew they may show respect, spirit, and some crews will gift, have a nice party, or sometimes a school with uniforms and mature teachers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheOneNamedRebel June 17, 2013

What the rebel thinks:

Hey, about the gem thing- There are cheats you put in to get gems (toolbar codes, monthly codes and I think cell phone codes.) I suggest telling your kids to look it up. And swearing? They've probably already heard it in school or on T.V. You really want to take your kids out of the "drama", try homeschooling and not watching T.V. Because honestly chances are, that you're better off spending your time doing that than complaining about a virtual gaming world.
Teen, 14 years old Written by60Hz October 17, 2012

Great game, not-so-great players

I am a fourteen year-old male who has played this game on-and-off for about three years. The game itself is a good game; buy apparel with either coins or gems (coins being in-game currency you can acquire by playing games or by winning prizes, gems being an in-game currency you buy with real money, with limited ways of obtaining gems inside the game for no cost), play mini-games, obtain "flow" and level up, and of course, chat with friends! I should probably just state what parents would like to know. Games like these don't contain inappropriate content for your child, the negative stuff comes from the players that play the game. Most of these players are young, like your own child, but they've been exposed to less age-appropriate things. Some players talk in an inappropriate way (I'd be more straight-forward with you, but this review system won't let me use some words) and might use words that you wouldn't want your child to hear, but there's a chat filter to help combat these things. But, like many other filters, there are ways to avoid it. There may also be people who want to have virtual s-x, but this kind of interaction usually only involves players using a dance move that makes your avatar look as if it's h-mping the air (or in this case, the other player). My point is, you can't get completely n-ked, so the base of the game can't do much harm to your child, but the other players can. For this reason, I'd suggest you, the parent, to supervise your child when playing this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylopucj January 23, 2012

Caution...

I really got addicted to this game... so much that i was on EVERY DAY for almost six months. When you say "test-mode 42" on the site you get "flow" to level up. If you say it every day, you get more and more flow. but if you skip a day, you go back to where you started at five flow. I earned 100 flow a day for a while because it maxed out at 100 and I hadn't missed a day in that long. I was on the site for hours, staying up late and buying fake clothes for my fake person. I quit caring about my homework so I could play ourWorld. I spent money on gems to buy things like magical snow fairies and ghost cats to fly around my head... and the prices for everything is going up to where its almost 100 gems for just one item and 300 gems are $6. You have to pay for little pictures on a screen! The games aren't that bad... there are some like plants vs zombies and stuff where you have to shoot zombies and things like that, but I didnt even play the games that often, and some of them are strategy and thinking games that actually help your mind. My favorite game on the site was Perfect Balance. But there's also poker, and I don't think kids my age should be playing poker... I like how you can join or create a crew though, and have a clubhouse and everything. I did make some friends on the site, some real ones that I still talk to but dont share personal information with and have never met in real life. But some other people that I talked to for more than a year and I thought were my friends ended up being really mean to me, even making fun of the color of my HAIR. People can be really mean on there, I've seen people just saying rude and nasty things to random people, and "noobs" are treated just generally worse than regular players just because they are newer to the site, but we all were new members at one point. You can get up to level 100, and it takes A LOT of time to get there. People I have talked to on that level have been members since 2008. the only way to really level up quickly is by going on every day, and when i did that i really became obsessed with the game. I wasted an entire summer, and a whole year of my life playing this game. I'm on level 57 and it took me a year of playing everyday. If you can play the game in moderation and not become obsessed with it, then it's an okay game, and i still play it, just a lot less than I used to. I would advise against residency/memberships, because they just made the game even worse, and the only thing you really get for your $10 is 300 gems that you can use for pictures on a screen that dont mean anything at all. And this is REALLY long but I hope it was helpful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOwDreamer Ash October 16, 2011

Watch Out!

i don't really think it's for kids like littler kids cause when i started i was 12 i was asked my 2 girls and one guy if i wanted you have s** i said noooooooooooooo and left and went to my condo and i see people even now talking about drugs and s** and more. but the info stuff is privet and the game is safe and if you have problem or your kid has problems with some one click the avitar go down to block or flag click block but if it VERY serious click report click reason why reporting and add the addtionall reason....
Kid, 8 years old May 28, 2010

Loving it!

I love it!
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2011

DONT EVEN BOTHER..

this website is full of wierdos and CREEPS. If you feel like you wanna deal with, go right ahead. This website CAN be fun, but only if you strike it at the right time. The ads GET SO ANNOYING. And trust me there are a WHOLE LOT OF PERVS on this website. Just dont. On the plus side, the games are fun...
Teen, 17 years old Written byrheanna Biro August 30, 2011

get off Ourworld before its too late!

i started playing this game a few months ago.i was first yeah awsome love it then i started get to addicted to the game. then a few days later i went online and a very strange unfamilar player apporched me and told me LETS have secks your so secy you probally good in bed.Also this was a few months ago a player who was a resident asked me where was the pier i was about to answer and this player who also was a resident said to the newbie your so dumb even a noob smarter than you!.So i stuck for her then the resident tolded me i was GRANMA WHO LOVE NOOBS i didnt care what she said.I removed my accont and did the right thing.I DO NOT RECCOMEND UNDER 3 YEARS.
Teen, 13 years old Written byregulargirl13 January 3, 2011

uneducational doesn't mean wrong

o.k. this website really doesn't have an "educational" value, but who really cares? Does everything in a child's life have to be structured? And as for the violence, IT'S STICK FIGURES!!! If you are really complaining about that that you might as well outlaw pacman because he's carnivorous, or hangman because the man is lynched. The membership is optional and if you don't get it, its not like you are really missing out on anything, so to all you stuck-up and overprotective parents, give it a rest, because this site is not bad or anything like that