Kid reviews for OurWorld

Virtual world with games and some smart parental controls.

Teen, 13 years old Written byI am anonymous May 10, 2016

Our world is not children site

There is a parent section where this game is aimed at teens and tweens . They say your children are safe in this site... But they don't mention that players can buy "inappropriate and gory clothing". There are some dance moves that look very inappropriate, upload inappropriate photos for crew. They even changed the home page to a "kissing photo. Is this a children site?
This site talks parents into letting their kids making their accounts here. Parents don't see what's going on, they simply read the parents section. But when you go on this site.. you realize that its not made for kids. Players very bad.. They talk about unwanted s** stuff So please don't let your kids to play this game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUnoriginal December 5, 2013

Ourworld has Changed: The Good and Bad Benefits of it

I started playing at third grade because my friends started playing. I wasn't involved in the bad things I was there to just earn flow and play random games. Now I am on level 59 and I realized I have been influenced and changed, but I know I'm not the sexual person or violent. I think you should be at the age 10+ to play. Ourworld has tried disabling the cursing, but now kids get away with it by saying "secs" or "chit", but what I really think is that the success of the popular game has also changed the people who are in charge of Ourworld. Now they have residents and gems so people start becoming greedy and spamming and hacking. Some people become very immature and innappropriate. Also Ourworld has added hearting, proposing, inappropriate dance moves like genie and wavin', and violent and innappropriate mini games. Ourworld also added censored music, but you can understand the bad words in the music. I have to admit I don't really like Ourworld anymore because of the extremely high prices and Zoe's Club and Residents are required money to become one. It is just a stupid upgrade, we shouldn't pay for it. You can by Zoe's or resident pass with gems, but the prices are also ridiculously costly. Also people are so mean all the time they don't friend new people and call them "noobs" and they make noobs to gift themselves. Also they make inappropriate events like "secs party get naked and have secs" or "girl/guy on girl/guy ;)" or people make other random stuff. Ourworld is not a good game because you are friending strangers, might be bullied, harrassed, and has a strong influence on you. But there are some benefits of ourworld like maturity (if you can control yourself), computer arts, and some people make up school events, too. Be careful of school events some people will be the teacher that is a bad role model. Also if you join a crew they may show respect, spirit, and some crews will gift, have a nice party, or sometimes a school with uniforms and mature teachers.

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

Safer

I Like it! Obsesesed but i would want to umm..make changes to be safer on the internet, because grown men try to contact girls all the time on the site. but i block them. Just want it to be safer for younger 1s on the site.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHelenMagicMushroom September 4, 2011

Please, before you think of this review as another "stupid person who plays ourWorld" review- read it. It might just talk some sense into you.

Okay. Okay. For those of you who have played ourWorld and rated it one star, tell me why you came all this way to come a review on a reviewing website? Is it because something so terrible happened to you that you just had the urge to warn people about it? Because, that's great. But honestly, have you actually thought about the other reasons to play?

Good reasons:
For one, it's a brilliant social website. I have met so many people who are so lovely, and so nice to talk to.
It's brought up my confidence a lot. At first I was afraid that if I said something I would be dumped on by other people. It's taught me that I can have my own say, and listen to other people's views too. It's taught me that not everyone is fair, and you are the one who has to make it fair.
On the money side, it's taught me to be patient and not spend all my money in one go. It's taught me to save, and that will be incredibly useful in later life.
It's also showed me that not everyone in the world are sweet and kind. Obviously you get 25 year olds playing on there to be rude to children, but that's taught me to stick up for myself and others around me. It's showed that I need to keep in consideration that not everyone on the internet is trustworthy, and that I should keep to myself should inappropriate matters arise.
My punctuation has improved drastically. At first, when I joined, I spok lyk dis, but now I use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Now, I think that's pretty useful.
It teaches you to be independent and dedicated. Say, if you're playing a game, you want to be at the top. You want to be the best. It shows you to push yourself.

Bad reasons:
Items are expensive. Therefore, you buy more gems. But honestly, this is a brilliant money-making scheme.
It's addictive. A lot of people spend their time on here rather than seeing their friends, or doing other important things.

So, those are my reasons why I think ourWorld is NOT a waste of time. I think it's good for some social networking through an internet site where you can feel good about yourself. Like a cool-off session after a hard, stressful day.

I hope you take my reasons into consideration.

Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

O.K

Ummm.....i like this website but it can lag and get annoying...some people talk about sex and it can be uncomfortable

Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 May 30, 2010

The imagination, the sex!

A lot of the clothing is bikinis. Also, there is some sex talk on there by other online users. I use this website a lot and its so much fun! Sometimes, I feel that people learn how to use their imagination.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanibabe June 29, 2009
I am a member on ourworld and i think the sex rate is very high people go to there condos and have virtual sex through the chat systems the foul language used is easily worked around you can say bad words by subsatuting different letters in but the sex content is very high and i am a memeber to ourworld

Teen, 13 years old Written bytiyasha June 1, 2020

plz dont give filter to people age 13

nothing

Teen, 14 years old Written byLilyGardner April 28, 2020

Something Went Wrong.

This game got popular with kids because it was released in a time where most weren't allowed to have social media and other games of this era like Club Penguin didn't have private chat functions (at least I don't think. Maybe other games did) and this game also had a more mature, more attractive art style in that you weren't penguins but you also weren't bony, almost bitmoji-esque Movie Star Planet people. Because of this, the users were usually older, not necessarily adults. BUT as users aged and made friends and other people came to the platform, the game got more jaded. I haven't used this game for years, but I checked it out today and it doesn't seem to have gotten any better. The users are, at best, edgy, but they can go all the way up the creep meter if you aren't careful. This game is something I would only recommend to 15-year-olds and up, though by then you should have Instagram figured out anyway. It's an incredibly jaded platform for such a fun look, and the devs aren't touching it at this point. I think we should just let it die out on its own.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMariana_22 April 16, 2020

Its good but could be a lot better

I started playing it when I was about 12 and I thought it was great. I loved that you could talk to real people. (I didn't play many games like that then.) But later on I realized there was a lot of bad stuff in there. There were men ages 20 and above. There was a lot of online dating and people who spoke sexually. There were multiple times that I was put into weird situations. At one time someone asked me if he could make love with me except in modern slang that I didn't know, when I realized what he meant I immediately said no and left. Another time there was a guy who made himself really short and started running up to girls and putting his face into their fronts. One girl said she was a cow milking him. At one point he made it into a room with a few people, myself included and he went up to me and did that, that freaked out me and I moved away from him he started chasing me everywhere until I just left that party. Those two things scared me for a long time. There was also multiple times people tried to online date me and I did not want to that. There were many times I started talking to guys and they ended up revealing that they were a ton older than the people meant to play that game. The description on the game says 13+ but there were things that weren't meant to be on a teenager's game. I also did't like that you had to pay to get money. But honestly, if the game found a way to keep out adults and bad people this could be a amazing game. I think this is a game for 13 and older but I think the people playing it are 15+.

Teen, 16 years old Written bynasir101 March 26, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written bywaterbottles September 17, 2019

Yeah it's pretty good

I've read all the reviews and??? Okay first off they want you to buy stuff because the people who design ourWorld and create the outfits, make sure the game stays up and other stuff like that would like to be Paid for that. This game is their job.
Also the clothing is pretty regular. If you go outside, or to the beach or swimming pool, you'll see people wearing short clothing. It's like the exact same in the game. Obviously there are fun stuff you won't wear like space suits and stuff, but you get what I mean.
Yeah, there are pedos out there but the block button is looking really good this time of year.
If you Don't want to get involved in a relationship online, Just Don't get involved! Very easy to avoid. If you want to chat with someone, start the conversation! Don't wait around to get a friend.
Also no one cares if you're a newbie, don't know why people keep saying they get bullied for their easy level. Just power up by playing games if you want to get a high level.
If anything is wrong with this game, it's that people always bump up the prices on the marketplace, but it's their stuff so you might as well deal with it.
Overall, I hope ourWorld just makes a new island or something.
Also don't get scammed, that does happen. Keep your info safe.

Teen, 17 years old Written byrosesrred11 September 11, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byalex- April 14, 2019

Social Game

I’ve played this game for about 4-5 years of my life and have to say it’s a decent game if you wanna make some online friends. People with common sense know not to give out really personal information like (phone number, address, etc) so I think the games fine for a child. People online do act inappropriate but it’s an online game so what do you expect. You should beware I’ve met some creepy people throughout my experience but usually just block them and you’ll be fine. There’s creepy people all over the internet. Overall I think the games alright and if you get bored and wanna make friends try ourworld.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfresh bruises March 23, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written bymaestromia August 1, 2017

Poorly Made

This website, while fun, includes purchases for almost EVERYTHING like most online games today. The quality is bad, but it easily appeals to a middle aged audience. Not trying to throw feminism on here, but the female character have bad body types, very stereotypical. Not a very fun game, but decent for a tween audience, and like many other comments suggest, there is a high rate of "Secks" and easy ways to incorporate swearing despite the filters. "Phuck, Schit, Hall, Dam, etc."

Teen, 15 years old Written byYouDontNeedToKnow August 15, 2016

Terrible game overall

It's mainly the users on the game who use foul language, talk about inappropriate topics and not to mention the amount of scamming that happens on the game.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysheeda May 9, 2016

bae world

yea

Teen, 13 years old Written byAllyGalaxias February 6, 2016

Parents and children alike, please read!

OurWorld is a good game, but, they really need to improve the chat filters!
I was on OurWorld and I was asking if someone would buy me this on item I really liked but could not afford, the only reply I got was: "Can someone stab you in the throat and kill you? I can." That was really, really, frightening. Why would someone say that? Answer; Because they can! They can swear, they can threaten, and they can also engage in virtual sex! They remove their clothes and use dance moves to make it look like sex.
Another thing is, it's all based around rares! Now, it is a fun game, it just has a horrible chat filter. That is all.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri December 8, 2015

Good but not appropriate for kids under 12.

This game is wonderful. Kids can interact with people from all around the world. But they should be mature enough not to give out personal information. There's an option where you can send your ' heart' to players and players and send it back to you. If two people send their heart to each other, They're supposed to be dating. and you can also adopt players and make them your spouse. But, They're also some dangerous people who keep telling that you're' hot' and 'sexy' and they say ' come to my condo'. Kids should learn to NEVER go with these people, as it can be dangerous. There's also some bullying from high level to low level. Overall, amazing game with awesome effects, but 12+