Kid reviews for Starbright World

Social network provides support to seriously ill teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byem1226 May 12, 2011

Everything a Sick Teen Needs

This website is the perfect fit for a teen like me with a chronic illness. When I joined, I was welcomed with open arms to teens who were curious about my rare disease. The teens on here are supportive, and always have great advice. I give this website a 10/10 in awesomeness.

For parents who are concerned about safety, the website does ask for your address, but will not use this information except to send your teen prizes won in contests. SBW is always monitored by at least one chat host that will kick teens out for a small period of time if they begin breaking rules. We are not allowed to share our last names, addresses, or phone numbers. Starbright World is a safe haven for seriously or chronically ill teens, and will continue to be so.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissyjessy June 19, 2010

It's been great :)

I'm 15 and a member. It's absolutely amazing. I can always go in and get support from kids my age who are going through the same thing as I am, and it's great because you can't always talk to your healthy friends about it - they just don't get it. But everyone at SBW understands.

Yeah, vivendi is mentioned a lot, because they are sponsoring it, but that never really bugs me - I don't even know what vivendi is - I've never looked into it.

As far as safety goes, you can give out your information- facebook, email, even phone number, in a whisper or private chat or private message. But really, you can do this in many other ways on the internet. And we're teens, we know how to be safe. And through the registration process, they eliminate all the creepers. You gotta be legit to join.

It's great - I especially love the live streaming chat - I can talk to teens like me anytime I want to. And, good news, parents! There is an adult moderator in every chatroom making sure everything is rated PG and everyone is playing nice. :) Safe, supportive, and fun.

Educational Value