All teen and kid member reviews for Stardoll

Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011

meh....

skimpy clothes, membership. I thought it was slightly boring.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2011

So I used to be addicted to Stardoll. And now I never do it anymore. And lemme tell you why. Peer pressure is HUGE on it. Everyone is pessured to look like the 'Covergirl' and join certain 'clubs.' When I was on about 7 months ago, the three big clubs were FashionClub, AnimalLovers, and OriginalClub, (FC, AL, OC) And they all competed for Covergirl, the most members, everything. And there was a cheat to say bad words. It was something like ;andshy - that may not be totally correct but to say a swear word you'd go roc;andshyket and it would come out 'rocket.' (I picked a random word.) So people would curse all the time! A lot of the stuff was inappropriate, people would post pictures, give out emails, and even have online boyfriends. Overall, it's like middle school or high school- peer pressure and bad people. There's also bullying and hacking. I would not recommend this site. The only perk is dressing up the dolls is fun. But take it from someone who loved Stardoll- don't do it.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2011

zIts fine

I am 11 and i love SD, but people lie about there ages and then they have "slex" or "shmex" and its rely gross, but just steer away from "boys" and partys! And it will be fine
Teen, 17 years old Written bybeliebersarecool December 10, 2011

Stardoll is great!

Stardoll is an amazing, safe, fun fashion website with hundreds of features, me and all my friends are members, and I am superstar! You can kidlock an account which makes it safer for a user until they are 13 years of age, though as it is already safe i'd say it's fine without! Don't say anything bad about it, i can't!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTeenageCrime September 22, 2012

HORRBIALE

Ok First With The Sex Little Kids Are Getting Bras And Panites Everywere they can look at everybody and if they go to a party you cant control anything They Cuss Everyday And They Dont Block out The word hell THERE ARE SO MANY DRUGS! i was looking and people make cigars at the stardegisn and then they put this bubble in there mouth and make smoke out of it WTH?. This guy at a party asked if i wanted to have fun tonight then this other guy suite chated me and took my clothing off! i reported him and told him to leave me alone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygigla101 March 31, 2011

Stardoll Rocks!

I love Stardoll, as do 100 Million other people all over the world. In fact, my profile picture on Common Sense is my Stardoll! Stardoll gives girls (and guys) a chance to express themselves through fashion and designs. I think sometimes parents over-think websites like this. Stardoll is a positive place with many fun things to do.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygaaralover May 18, 2011

Okay, not the best website for little girls and boys

Stardoll is the kind of website thats fun to play if you put money into it, but most of my friends have free accounts and they still love it. The problem with Stardoll is that their are too many little girls who like having "slex" or "shmex" with boys. It makes Stardoll nasty and boring. Any ways like I was saying it is fun if you put a money in it. A $10 dollar card didn't work for me because I just kept running out of starcoins. Now I ended up buying 3 ($30), but I could have just bought a $25, saved some money and end up with the same amount of starcoins (the membership is a tiny bit shorter though). And guess what? I'm all out again! Oops forgot too mention something, stardollars are for superstars now only, non-superstars can only have starcoins which sucks a lot!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPengu March 28, 2011

Tweens :)

I love stardoll and I have one myself. I love expressing myself but some hackers are a BIG problem. They are way too obsesed about becoming Cover Girl. I only chat with my friends,shop and design clothes.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

Stardoll, yes, some features, no

When I first started Stardoll back in 2011, I didn't use it that much, and I never joined any clubs or joined a chat room. It was nice back then, and everyone was friends. Now, its a like there's always some snotty bratty group of cliquey girls who think they can say an do anything they want. Its a competition for who's the richest, the hottest, and who has the best social/gossip life, including boyfriends. I have, numerous times, been bullied in a chat room for nothing! They will do anything to make themselves look better, and bring you down with how you look, dress, and say things like, "OMG, look at her. She's so fat and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not her, I mean, what a pathetic little brat." They have also invented a 'slang' for cussing, such as baytch, fawk, s@xy, thottie, etc. Fortunately, I used a method that involves acting dumb, but replying with witty, smart remarks such as "Wow cool! Right back atcha'!" in response to bullying and mean comments. I also hate it that many girls care so much about their virtual fantasy life that thy back and steal and lie. Make sure you have a bullying strategy that works. Also, sooooooo many girls put on gobs of makeup, wigs, and fake b()()bs. It bugs the heck out of me! And watch out for boyfriends. They suck. So, you might experience e some drama from the screwed up 'elites'. If you do......let them have it with your clever comebacks.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2011

Stardoll - The good & the bad.

It`s hard to put a age on this website ; it depends on how smart the child is ; no not smart as in high school marks ; street smart. I think 12-13 up is a good idea. nothing below 1O. I`m on stardoll myself & love it but, I`m also smart about how I use it ; I give out NO personal information apart from my name ; yeah, i need to be called something. right. Stardoll does have some pretty messed up messages ; the dolls are like barbie dolls ; stick thin ; you can`t even make yourself fat ; the outfits are skimpy. It`s got a lot to do with wealth & money ; to enjoy the clothes & design of stardoll ; you NEED a membership. some people join it for the games ; fashion ; design. I can`t remember why I joined it but I use it for friends ; Yes, I have made friends on the site and we get along fine ; their wonderful people but i would never ever trust them enough to give them anything like passwords or adresses ; I`m smarter then that. I also use it for something called role playing ; it`s where you enroll as a character and go to a pretend school or have different themes of what you role play on ; I can tell you now ; it`s completely safe ; it just makes out that you need to be rich & beautiful to be popular ; which is wrong and gives the wrong idea. as for swearing & the sexual behaviour part ; people do swear, a lot ; but their is no sexual behaviour apart from what stardoll offers ; skimpy outfits and stick thin model like barbies. people will date online but those are the dumb ones. their is no drug related stuff that I have come across ; it may have it in certain clubs but that`s why I recommend the site to 12-13 years olds. i think a lot of that stuff comes from going to the parties that people can host - but you must be superstar to host - anybody may attend though - I don`t bother going to them. In conclusion ; stardoll isn`t really a safe place for children who are under 13 years of age and people lie about their age ; hell, i did it but i`m also street smart. stardoll should stop all these skimpy outfits & skinny models. they should have different body types including girls who are overweight ; people who have thighs and curves ; stardoll should be more safe about swearing or whatever but then they wont allow you to put 'explain' down because it includes 'ex' and they think it might mean something else, it`s like ? what? anyway, yeah - you know your child, you decide but don`t be too protective, give them guidelines ' say, your not allowed to visit these parts of stardoll' if their under 13, if their older, you can still do so but it ain`t nessecery. Yeah - so it depends on your child. I LOVE STARDOLL ; but ; IT does have wierd themes and isn`t great ; but ; i can`t be brainwashed because my mum was a great parent and told me how to be street smart and what is important in life ; so, in the end, you should have a talk with your child about this stuff ; it`s important to do that. just make sure, you don`t let anyone younger then 8 go on it ; otherwise ; that`s bad parenting. - Thanks, Ruby-Rose.
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2012

Stardoll

I played on stardoll it was okay at first but now its just kinda dumb. You have to buy an upgrade with real money, you can accept friend requests from people you don't know, the clothing is showy, you can buy fake cigarettes and have your doll "smoke" them, and your doll is voted 1-5 stars and you are just voted on your suite and looks.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2012

Is Stardoll for those who loves fashion or it's a motivation to earn them money???

I am member on Stardoll two years now and I recommend to other to sign up.I also verify that Stardoll is the most safe game on the internet.With the kidsafe button nobody can connect with you if you aren't friends from the email.But also there are hackers and cheats and also some girls and boys say that they are together even they don't know each other.Girls when see a cool guy in parties flirt and the guy answers orleaves.(Girls act like they see a famous person)Also rarely some dolls when meet each other in suite chat can put off their clothes(sex).Another negative is that many users name their dolls with bad words.Also when you write over 6 numbers in a row stardoll hide them because it may is a password.But when you first sign up you will be soon addicted.I have counted how much money I spend till I become royality and you can spend mach without understanding it.Simple memberships aren't easily noticed and althought Stardoll is for these who love fashion it's difficult to create your designs and buy them because you must pay with stardollars which you can buy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

Ehh i tried it once and was really bored with it. Very limited things to do. If you want a similar site with less design limits and no paying to play, try girlsense!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2014

Pretty much completely safe really.

I use this site frequently, and yes, there can be some not-so-appropriate users, but if you enter your correct birthdate then under-13s can't see ANYTHING iffy at all. Yes, some items of clothing are 'skimpy', but there's no full on nudity at all. It is centred on fashion and design, and gives a message that there is nothing more to life, but in small doses can be a very good site for girls to play on. My seven year old sister manages to stay out of trouble on Stardoll even without KidSafe, and she loves the site. I reccommend to any girls who love fashion (however after a while it can get boring, but this is no problem because it's better to have less screen time!!!)
Teen, 15 years old Written byILoveParisJaskon June 19, 2013

I totally dislike Stardoll

Stardoll used to be a cool place for me to hang out but not anymore...People dressing inappropriate,talking about sex,cyber bullying,having cigarettes and smoke coming out of there mouth. Suit chat is where your kids can chat alone with another Stardoll well some Stardolls do more then chatting. But I see kids going up to random guys asking them out and shuffleboard doesn't teach kids anything except designing.
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2010

Stardoll is alright

Honestly even I play stardoll. The clothes can be skimpy and revealing, but it can be fun. Memberships, memberships, memberships. It's a wow problem. I mean be a "Superstar" to do this. "Oh sorry you are not a superstar and can't buy that" It's so annoying! I mean seriously. Can there not be a free fun online website out there? But Stardoll is fun and addicting, you can't sell your fashions with out being a "Superstar" (membership). Money is a situation in my family and I love online gaming sites where you create an avatar and a house and go to several different places but, paying for it all is not fun. I want to see if there is at least 5 websites out there where it is fun for ages 8+ and you do NOT have to pay for anything. But otherwise Stardoll is very very fun. (Sorry I got a little off topic) Anyways you should play but only if you are willing to pay monthly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLunaWolf September 9, 2014

Perfect game for teen girls.

Stardoll can be one of the best games ever, but you also need to watch out. Some clubs are really fun, most are, the-nerds for instants is fun and pretty safe. (If anyone posts an innaprpriet/bullying topic/post then we all report them and they are soon banned/deleted.) Another good one is roleplaymasters, which is a writing club for group stories. Try moddelling clubs aswell, they can be really, really fun. Watch out for the chat rooms/parties these are the places I have found most likely to have people being innapropriet, especially later on. Stardoll is perfect for expressing yourself and your inner style, you can make your suite, medoll, outfit, album, scenery and club entirely your own, but as on any game, you need to be careful. If you are really worried you can put a kidsafe lock on your kids account, but I don't recomend it, it's not very fun and you can do other things such as lock of your gb to anyone but friends without a kidsafe lock. But aslong as you don't tell anyone your full name, telephone, email etc. you should be fine and have an amazing time!
Teen, 15 years old Written byVLex June 23, 2014

Fell out of love

I am 15 and i used to play this game very often when 12-13 and liked it i have encountered some security issues and have came into some "close encounters" with iffy users.SECURITY:I like the freedom of the chat but i have been harassed/threatened and got no reply's from Stardoll even once reporting them. I have been hacked though only once stupidly giving my pass word. Paid/Unpaid Membership: The game is 10 times funner as a paid member and without a paid membership its pretty boring;no affordable clothing or fun activity's available other than chat/parties) The membership opens up many doors and is reasonable through yearly payment.Lastly i recommend paid membership or not at all, Don't give out your password,Don't bother reporting just block them and move on,Keep on guard for keepers. Overall pretty fun for 12-14 year olds
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2014

Seems appropriate, but here's the truth

Stardoll seems like an appropriate site for kids, but it's really not, in some ways. The chat groups can get inappropriate quickly, and people have figured out ways to get past the website's swear protection system. Also, people have parties that get inappropriate, and people even have online boyfriends! If you're under 13 when you sign up, Stardoll will automatically put you in their Kidsafe membership, which blocks interacting with other users. However, it goes away when you're 13, and you can still see other users and their rooms. If you want to get rid of a Kidsafe before you're 13, you have to fill out a form and mail it to Stardoll, and who knows how long that might take? The Superstar memberships cost money and basically everything is Superstars only, and that can get annoying quickly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byresponsibleteen2 February 18, 2014

back the truck up for kid younger than 13

stardoll is a really good site ive been on it since i was 10 though that what i thought since i was 10 i was automatically given a kid safe membership so i couldnt see the chat and club button or post any comment instantly loved it when they gave me a day of membership and like 20 stardollar but then i became over obessed with trying to get membership so one day i rummaged through my mom purse for her credit card cause i wanted membership but at the end i got caught when i was inputing her number on stardoll when she walked in on me i got grounded i kept begging untill when i turned 12 she bought me a membership card for 6 months but than i got bored during the first 2 months of membership cause i wanted to go to chat and clubs so one day when i pressed the deactivate button it just straight sent me to a page where you fill it out and send it to stardoll which got me mad cause my membership was gonna last for 6 months and next year would be my birthday but by then it would already be finished so i waited then i entered my first chat ever but bad thing happened like when i went to my first chat people cursed me out cause i was ugly so i bought cool clothes with some stardollars i still had from my membership worst mistake when i entered two creepy dudes sent me friend request i accepted cause i didnt think anything bad would happen so then the first guy sent me a suitechat request he did weird things so i deleted him as a friend and he continue to follow me but he stopped that why i think you should stand clear for kid under 13 cause some kids can lie about their age which is easy cause their no email comfirmation which makes it easy for minors to pose as a 14 or 15 year old which makes it easy for adults who pose as teen to take advantage of them by saying they want to be friend with you we just need your adress and phone number the next prob is to much consumerism there to many ads on stardoll telling kid how great it is to be a member that why kids are doing the same thing i did when i was little and that the reason their so many hacker and scammer on right now the third problem is the report button doesnt work at all i remember when i had a rare a royalty made fun of me for like 2 week cause i wouldnt give her a rare i had i reported her and stardoll sent me something say we cannot interfere seriousley you said if their any bullying at all they will do something about it lie i hate the fact that their royaltie and superstar are getting way with making fun of non-superstars and doing inapropiate things like they can make cigarettes and say their getting high but when superstar report non member their like instantly banned from the site i agress with people about how they only care about money they put way to much ads about superstar and stardollar my friend bought a membership she was banned for no reason you wanna know why her mom sent a email to them about how stardoll is withdrawling money from her account about supposed stardollar purchases after that message she was banned be careful about minor their tons of serious problem you should stand clear of