Parent and Kid Reviews on

TypingClub Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 18 parent reviews

Sort by:

3 people found this helpful.

Don't sign up for this!

I do not like this website. First, my child was actually struggling more when typing on “Typing Club,” than when she was typing with me. The games also aren't fun or helpful. Instead, all they do is make the kid rush. They do that on about their 5th lesson too. If they don't get the letter fast enough then they will lose a life. I don't like the games because they rush children on the 5th lesson and they have to get 100% to pass it. I think the way they are showing the kids how to write is correct, but the way they’re doing it is not. For example, yes placing your hands on the home row and moving them easily. That's all correct. Though, rushing them, making them hold on to a letter while having to type something different, making children only be able to have 100% to get to the next level. I don't recommend this website for your children, my kids hated it and yours might too.
3 people found this helpful.

This "Typing" website is a waste of technology.

Horrible. It bases your WPM on accuracy most of the time, and requires you to have a perfect WPM on most of the lessons. Sometimes even, you will get that perfect WPM, but it lowers it one step down, so you fail the lesson imminently. Also, I was scrolling through the reviews, and found someone saying that the website doesn't recognise tiny mistakes, and brings your score down. This can really demotivate most people, that are just trying to get past the lesson. This website also brings competitiveness into it? I mean it's a typing website, why is there a scoreboard? This can also demotivate people, if their on the top of the leaderboard, and someone surpasses them by one point, they probably wouldn't want to do it anymore, but on the contrary, they can get even more motivated to get on top again. Over all, this is a bad typing website. I apologies for the title, it was just the most witty thing I could think of.

2 people found this helpful.

annoying and stupid

Too many ads. Annoying. I tried it and I hated it so much I wanted to break my laptop. STUPID4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typing club sucks

HORRIBLE, I put 18 bc no one should use it. My school makes us use it and it sucks, I used to like it but now its giving me 3 stars and stuff because I "have low speed" first of all I got to 847 WPM and I have a low speed. BYE

terrible app dh;uinoxjdgsi

garbage app! I GOT 99% AND YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT?! DON'T GET THIS APP IT'S JUST BETTER TOO LOOK AT YOUR KEYBOARD DTRCYVJ CGHFDRTYFKUVJK
1 person found this helpful.
It is nice little program for kids. But it is so annoying when non stop ads attack you while you are learning basic typing. We know it free version but it not mean you are going to torture the user. It is very pathatic approach. Kids are not going to buy catfood or detergent at grocery store while they are learning typing.

Its ok

i think typing club could do better. i dont like how you have to get an exact speed to continue. The last video is really small.