Parent reviews for Yahoo! Answers

Unfiltered, unfettered answers require a huge grain of salt.

Adult Written byOURKIDSMATTER August 27, 2011

Yahoo! Answers allows assisted suicide! Please read!

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion based on my experience over the last year. I've spent over 800hrs and witnessed both good and bad. These are my views and thoughts regarding Yahoo! Answers.
I've had the opportunity over the last year or so to watch Yahoo! Answers be completely over run AGAIN (like in 2005) by those who are determined to spread lies through impersonations and misrepresentations. In the Religion and Spirituality section I have witnessed suicidal teens who have been talked out of suicide and have been helped and recovered! Lately with the overwhelming and uncontrolled increase of those who openly claim to follow Satan, Yahoo! Answers has become a safe haven and command post for acts of evil! THIS IS NO PLACE FOR CHILDREN TO BE LINGERING! YAHOO HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND HAS REFUSED EVEN IN LIGHT OF A RECENT INCIDENT WHERE A SUICIDE WAS BEING ENCOURAGED AND BELIEVED TO HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT! THE LIFE OF A CHILD HAS BEEN LOST AND YAHOO HAS REFUSED TO TAKE NOTICE! THEY ALSO REFUSE TO IMPOSE SAFEGUARDS TO HELP PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN! IT'S CRIMINAL AND UNSAFE AND PARENTS AROUND THE WORLD SHOULD REFUSE ACCESS WHENEVER POSSIBLE! Imagine if that 16 yr old was your child and Yahoo made no effort to protect against this type of assisted suicide! It's wrong, immoral, unethical and Yahoo doesn't care. Show them that you do!

Adult Written byLara C. October 8, 2017
Fun way to pass the time been on yahoo since 2013 and still enjoy going on and answering random questions

Although they say they have community safety guidelines lots slide on yahoo plenty of trolls and people having a laugh getting in inappropriate questions and answers so I'd say best keep the kids off it 15 plus is best suited for yahoo
Adult Written byeulalaallison August 9, 2015

Too easy to violate the Community Guidelines

I have had 3 completely harmless questions that I've posted removed because they apparently violated the Community Guidelines. I carefully reviewed these guidelines and have yet to find anything wrong with any of the questions that were removed. In one of the questions I asked for opinions on what could be causing my stomach discomfort, with an easy (non-explicit) description of my symptoms. It was deleted immediately. However, on one of my questions that was not deleted, a comment was allowed to be posted on my question that even called my question "stupid" and that I needed to "get over it", which clearly violated the Community Guidelines against using hate speech. Therefore I decided that Yahoo! Answers is a waste of time for anyone.
Adult Written bysingingb March 9, 2015

Dangerous People Here

Within the Relationships and Family section there are numerous sexual or other inappropriate topics. There are perverts on this group obviously looking for replies. NOT for kids, teens and NOT for adults with a sense of decency. Disappointing that Yahoo has no sense of maturity and takes responsibility.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byMiraca March 24, 2013

WORSE FORUM EVER!

This is not a good forum. It's user moderated. I emailed the yahoo answers team about the cyberbullying that I displayed on this site, and they blamed me because I kept reporting so many complaints about different users. They have given up on me and a bunch of other users. THE MEDIA NEEDS TO GAIN SOME ATTENTION REGARDING THIS FORUM BECAUSE CYBERBULLYING HAS GOTTEN WORSE ON THIS WEBSITE. DO NOT LET YOUR TEENAGERS JOIN THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Adult Written bymyfavoritecolor October 17, 2012

Stay away from Yahoo Answers - the site is not secure and condones criminal activity (email hacking).

I have participated in Yahoo Answers Travel section and, as a result, my email account has been hacked and the Yahoo Answers user started threatening me using Yahoo Answers. When I contacted Yahoo Abuse about it, they sent me a link on how to close my account. Even though the hacker was still alive and active on that board, they did nothing to stop him. Yahoo leaves people participating in Yahoo Answers vulnerable and do nothing to protect their email accounts. Most questions are answered by trolls. Some answers contain hate, swearing words and are generally degrading. There is absolutely no moderation. Only some sections are worth visiting, but do not expect to find any professional advice. It is more for entertainment. As for email hacking - if it happened to me, it can happened to you too. Stay away.

Adult Written byMisskilljoy March 8, 2012

AMAZNG! (-:

I love Yahoo! Answers! Amazing helpful site. (:

Adult Written byAstouter September 5, 2011

Would not recommend for kids

If you're looking for answers, this might not be the best place for it for the following reasons, especially for kids:

1. The site is overrun with users who give unhelpful, insulting, or inappropriate answers.

2. The site has a system that allows users to report any question or answer they deem inappropriate or against the site's rules. Unfortunately, this system is constantly abused by users who report innocent questions and answers to upset other users. As a result, many good, valid questions that don't break the rules end up getting deleted every day, which frustrates other users all the time.

3. Although swearing is censored, some users have found ways to bypass this.

4. Some questions and answers contain subject matter that you would not want your kid to read or know about.

The site can be helpful sometimes, but I really wouldn't let your kid go near this place if I were you.

Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

Iffy for ages 12+

All it is is you ask a question and people " answer " it. Come on, you can't even get a serious answer on here because of all the bad, dirty, language. I mean in certain parts of the site you could get a good answer but allot of it is very innapropriate and doesn't benefit you at all. Allot of people spam and also advertise. If you are a mature 12 year old then you could go on.

Adult Written byDrDreVEVO April 2, 2011

Let Your KIds Use Yahoo Answers

It's like answers.com but it is yahoo answers i use it all the time and i get the rigth information all the time when i was in middle school i did a report and it was based mostely on yahoo anwsers so lest your kids use yahoo answers

Adult Written byGelato October 18, 2010

Not recommended

Yahoo! Answers have posters who sign on with numerous ID's and post trash & spam. The entire admin. department believe they are so in control and frankly are terribly bigheaded. They really do not know anything that goes on. For instance, any poster can tag someone's post as abusive and the Yahoo! admins. will automatically penalise the poster with the supposed abusive message unless said poster can prove to them it's not. The admins., therefore, do not truly investigate a post as being abusive unless the accused protests. Yet they make everyone feel that they're so important. If you question them they either feel they want to reply or they will just ignore your questions. This is truly unprofessional, in my opinion, because I'm a participant on other website forums where the admins. do not act like a brainless, bigheaded God as they do at Yahoo! Answers. Thus, I do not recommend this website for any age group!
Parent Written byCooldee May 21, 2010

Yahoo Answers is fun, but sometimes rude and mean.

I love Yahoo Answers, but I sometimes see bad/foul langauge, threats, and other bad stuff. A piece of advice for parents/guardians: Block Yahoo Answers for children under the age 14!

Privacy & Safety