A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

VSCO

VSCO Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

Scam

Download what I was lead to believe was a free version with limited features, to check out and make sure it was what I was looking for. Upon downloading, I was then forced to create an account, it wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I un installed the app and moved on. DAYS later at 340am, I received an email receipt for a years subscription I supposedly signed up for. I assume that when I was forced to create an account it also forced me to sign up with no warning. The receipt was my only clue to having made an account, no welcome/confirmation/verification emails, and due to it being days later, Google were unable to help without me first contacting vsco. Vsco must be run by crap robots. They are impossible to contact, ive been trying for days, and now I have finally got an email past there auto response of "we don't reply to email", they are most unhelpful and claim only Google can refund me. Absolute scam. No customer support. NOT A FREE TRIAL.

2 people found this helpful.

Photo Editing

Parents, as a parent who always goes to common sense media when my kid ask to watch something or download an app I don’t know about, my 12 year old daughter asked me for this app to use it to edit her photos and I told her if she will promise me not to post anything or follow anyone and only use it to edit the photos that she took and that I would approve if I saw them and I told her if you would be ok to show it to grandma than it’s ok but if not you should take or edit it. But as a mother of a tween daughter I know I need to give my daughter trust and if she breaks it then take my trust away but if there is no reason not to trust her than she deserves my trust. If you are a parent and your daughter is asking for this app to edit their photos than just give them your trust and let them download it, but if they break it delete the app and give a punishment. I would recommend this app it is great to edit photos if you like photography and art or just want to edit your photos!

Parents aren’t watching

My major concern is that there are NO privacy settings on this app. Your child’s photos will be completely public - to anyone out there who wants to save the picture. There is no option to set it up for friends only. Also, all communication is done by private direct messaging. Anyone could contact your child on here. Parents in general aren’t using this app which has led to WAY too much sexual content and images of drug use. There are countless nude/semi-nude photos of preteen and teen girls on this app.

An Amazing App

it’s a safe and fun app for kids to edit and post their own photos and to also share and repost others. it does not include any competition like subjects, for example likes and comments. i recommend this app for all kids if they want to experience the art of photography.

Fine