Kid reviews for WEBTOON - Find Yours

Diverse but mature collection of user-created comics.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTinyCatBird February 4, 2020

Depends on the child, I guess

DISCLAIMER:
Not saying that the site is amazing for everyone, probably tweens and up should be allowed to roam freely is my thinking.

As a kid, I think that most of the Webtoons are pretty good! All the featured comics are free of explicit content, and when they do have triggers, there's always a warning in the beginning. I'd say kids fifth grade and up are probably mature enough to handle the content on Webtoon, but I suppose it depends on the kid.

Although there are themes of sex and drug abuse (ex. Edith and Boo It's Sex) there are never any (for lack of better word) 'weird' pictures. Plus, I don't think there are any messages that condone anything wrong, even Edith, which shows the smoking as problem for the main character and not as something a child should look up to.

All in all, I think that Webtoon is a great app with a very very wide range of genres and a lot of diversity. I'm not a parent, but I say you shouldn't be actively hiding teens about things like drug abuse, as it's a very real phenomenon and you're going to have to have 'that conversation' at some point, and having them know a little more might not be a such as bad thing, as they'll be informed for later life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byScarlett123 January 15, 2020

Great but it depends on the comic you choose

So the app is great specially for everyone who loves comics
Know yes their are inappropriate comics in webtoon but it usually has a warning ⚠️
For example Edith is really sexual I felt uncomfortable so I stoped reading it same for boo it’s sex which obviously talks about sex
These shows are for older teens and adults
But if you want to read something which is suitable for your age
13 plus comics
Unordinary (violence)
I love yoo (it’s really sweet and nice and their are no sexual things at all just alcohol and it’s a bit depressing and it also has some swearing but it’s really mild)
True beauty
Purple hyacinth (graphic)
Etc
10 and up
The four of them (really relatable and it mentions crushes and sexuality)
Watermelon (really cute)
Etc

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookishSnail45 January 4, 2020

Is it good? Depends on the child

There are some benefits for your child from using this app, such as exposure to many positive themes and wide diversity of thought. That being said, some may not be able to handle it.

I suggest that parents take a look at the webtoons their child would like to read first and verify that they are OK with them. This app contains content acceptable for very young children and also obviously 16 or 18+ content. If your child is mature and capable of knowing what is OK to look at and what is not, a TRUSTWORTHY 13 year old should be able to use this. Maybe wait longer if kids have had problems with this in the past.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySetinlife April 26, 2020

Depends

WEBTOON is a fun and easy way of reading manga and comics, but some of them are not for younger ages, usually the author will give a warning at the top of the episode, and if WEBTOON (or the author) thinks it should be 18+ they put in a little pop up saying just that. If you are under, let’s say 13 then you should always research the WEBTOON before you read it just in case.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFrickadilious March 21, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byspritelydelight January 19, 2019

It's ok...

A lot of the comics are funny, however, there is an in app feature that allows a person the purchase in app currency with real money to "read comics ahead of time." Depending on the genre, there can be some swearing every once and a while.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCreative username October 7, 2018

Depends

A lot of webtoons I read are very disturbing, a lot of webtoons I read are also funny in a way that I don't have to hide it from my parents,

If you're worried that your kid finding things that are inappropriate, it kinda depends on what story he/she is reading.

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2020

Does have inappropriate content but has a little bit of hope

Webtoon definitely has some inappropriate content...and ther are a lot of bad words, which are evidently very hard to avoid. BUT if you trust your kids enough to where they can read the good comics (my favorite is Cursed Princess Club and Super Secret they do have cussing). So what I am trying to say if you trust your kid enough to avoid the toxic stuff then go for it. Because one way or another kids are going to be exposed to bad language. And I know it because I am one and I can't stop 300 kids with potty mouths. But I certainly can say that I can block it out.

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2020

Really great! But...

I love this app! It’s such a great experience. But, some of the comics are directed to teens for than kids. Here are some really good comics and their ages.
Let’s Play-11
Mage and Demon Queen-13
Tori and Samuel-6 or 7
Meme Girls-10
And then there’s the Cursed Princess Club. AMAZING comic! But one thing: it has a little bit of creepy material BUT it teaches people to love themselves in a fun way. I would say that mature 10+ kids would love this comic. It’s sooooo great!

Teen, 13 years old Written bynachiyappan July 1, 2020

I have mixed opinions

So, in my opinion, I think most web toons are good for kids twelve and up. But some are just eighteen plus. Some are really good like Space boy from Stephen McCraine. And Unordinary from Uruchan, but it’s a bit too violent, and has extreme cussing. Space Boy is appropriate for 12 and up. The ones I recommend not reading if you’re under the age 14 are Lore Olympus. Good storyline, but a bit too graphic.

Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2020

Great

There's like, reallllyyyy good comics on here. Depending on what you're reading, there might be some sexual content and swearing. All of the originals are super good, and even some canvas (formerly "Discover") ones. Oh yeah, tons of shippers in literally every single webtoon I read. (I'm not even reading romance webtoons but there they are, building ships)
Teen, 14 years old Written byLucyEight June 3, 2020

Really depends on the kid

This is a really good app and has a variety of comics and genres. Many of them are child appropriate, but there are some that contain sexual concepts and or extreme violence/language. I would not allow a young child to use this app, but a mature tween or teen could safely navigate it. Mots inappropriate content has warnings and asks "are you 18 or older?" before allowing you to view, so as long as your child understands boundaries and has some restraint, it would theoretically be fine.

Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2020

I haven’t played but...

I think it would be okay for kids 10 and up if you think they are mature enough.

Teen, 13 years old Written byArminius October 24, 2019

A good app for 13+

Webtoons is a comic app you can read a lot of different comics. I think if your child is over 13 they can use it. Kids these days know a lot about 18+ things. The closes thing these app showed that's 18+ was abs.
just read some comics you self. If your child is really pure they well have no idea it's not for them. Thank you for your time.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLilzDanzer September 14, 2019

Good

Its got some inappropriate stories but, it really depends on what your reading. Some have language but, nothing too bad. I think this app is not good for kids too young-But If your older and choose stories that don't have that stuff it can be okay!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byIWriteOkishReviews August 20, 2019

Really cool.

Personally,i haven't seen any NSFW content on webtoon and i think its great for teens. It shouldn't be used by young kids but for teens its fine. I don't know what parents could've seen,but all i know is alot of the kids at my school read comics on here. There might be a bit of swearing but its nothing you wouldn't hear in the average teen flick.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySonicUnicorn February 28, 2019

Diverse

LINE WEBTOON isn't meant to be used by kids too young, mostly because it has a large variety of webcomics, and yes, some of these are going to be innapropriate. That honestly shouldn't be a surprise considering people all over the world create the comics. Webtoon is also a great place to look at other peoples art or showcase your own. You can also have fun being part of a community and support the artists.

Teen, 13 years old Written byright_hand_man November 30, 2018

Not for kids too young

This app is a really cool way for kids to read comics for free and has a lot of good stories to choose from. That doesn’t go without saying there is content that can be inappropriate and meant for older viewers but the app usually warns you or you can tell when the comic is going to be something not for younger kids. This app is good for middle schoolers and up but I would talk to your kids to make sure they aren’t viewing anything they shouldn’t be.