Parent reviews for Yubo

Looks-oriented friend finder risky for younger kids.

Adult Written byConcerned_dad_132 January 6, 2020

Stranger Danger

This is essentially a dating app for kids. My 13-year-old daughter was able to contact older men who were asking her for her phone number and explicit pictures. Never let your child use this app!

Adult Written byAdopted Mom June 20, 2019

Mental Health issues ABOUND!

My 14 yr old adopted daughter who suffers from PTSD met other mentally ill kids on this website. Now she is suffering new mental health symptoms
and has had suicidal episodes. It's not safe. you don't know who your child is dealing with, how old they really are or their mental health profile.

Adult Written byKristen3658 April 23, 2019

Great for kids

My daughter is homeschooled and has trouble making friends. She has yubo and it helps her meet people and be social. Thank you Yubo!

Adult Written byDylan KB April 9, 2019

Its about how yall trust your kids

Really there are always people that will be looking for ways to get thing they want no matter the cost. You have to trust your kid/kids to do the right thing it is better for them to learn now than in the adult world were much worse could happen. I am a kid and use social media such as instagram and YoBo however I have never done anything to harm another student such as naked selfies and other inappropriate comment. And you wont be able to protect your sons or daughters forever so dont hold like you can never let go if they make a mistake just help them through it be there friend not their dictator or tyrant. And seriously my parents are pretty laxed with what i do they can check my phone at any time and have app restrictions but they dont restrict my social media so i dont do anything bad so just have a little faith in your children and be there for them if they fall not be there to help and then punish them because thats exactly why we dont like talking to our parents.
Adult Written byUpsetmom January 9, 2019

Such a bad idea for Teens

This app is awful, this app was designed for Teens to make new friends but is being used as a hook up site.. It screams DANGER.. This app allows nudes to be sent, allows location to be viewed... You have no idea who you are really talking to. Scary and awful...

Adult Written byco_mom July 14, 2018

Dangerous Site for Kids and Teens

We are usually pretty conscientious about what apps we allow my daughter to download to her phone (we use the parental approval controls through Apple) but this one slipped through in a chaotic moment. We were told by my 14 year old daughter that it was to talk to her friends online, but in reality it's a tween/teen dating app where kids peruse profiles of other "kids" (or potentially adults posing as kids) who live in their area and swipe left or right if they like what they see. Then they connect via SnapChat, and it doesn't take much imagination to guess that it has the potential to quickly get very inappropriate and very scary. Fortunately we were tipped off early by another parent that our daughter was using this app and we were able to intervene early, but honestly it did not take long at all for her to be oversharing with strangers online. VERY frightening stuff. DO NOT let your kids use this app, and based upon our experience, it's a good idea to delete SnapChat while you are at it.

Adult Written byEaj.point April 29, 2020

The truth

Click the link to find out the truth about yubo
Adult Written byfrenwee March 23, 2019
Adult Written byCurtiskoot February 10, 2019

Decent

It’s great for making friends and what not but it’s honestly tinder for kids, there’s a ton of guys that just want nudes and older guys will make a fake account to talk to younger kids. There’s also spam accounts where they’ll say “add my snap for nudes” or something so definitely watch your kids if they use it.

Adult Written byibr4t January 31, 2019

It has its ups and downs

On any social media platform i think there is going people that are looking for hookups such, its unavoidable. You just have to trust your child wont engage with these people and will block/ignore them. Overall its not a bad app and its a good way for kids to make friends with people their age and communicate. Other parents are over exaggerating about some of it. Honestly its just about how much you trust your kid to make right choices. As for location that can be turned off so others wont know where your from.
Parent Written byMaple J. August 6, 2018

I’m in the Middle

Some people are on there to make friends while other people’s want relationships. Although it can be inappropriate for teens I trust my daughter to make good decisions and be safe online. You can always unfriended someone and/or report and block them to make sure they are away from you.