Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog: Stick Dog, Book 2
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the dogs' plot to steal from a hot dog vendor. Because they're strays, they need to find food on their own. Given their circumstances, is it OK for them to steal?
- The narrator occasionally breaks into the story to speak directly to the reader. Do these asides enhance or interrupt the story?
- Stick Dog tries to be patient, but his friends become exasperated with him for shooting down their ideas. In what ways is he a good leader? Does being a leader interfere with his friendships?
- Author: Tom Watson
- Illustrator: Ethan Long
- Genre: Humor
- Topics: Cats, Dogs, and Mice, Friendship
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
- Publication date: October 8, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 8 - 12
- Number of pages: 224
- Available on: Nook, Audiobook (unabridged), Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love Humor and animal stories
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.