A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the movie's extensive use of sex. Does any of it come from a loving, respectful relationship? How do women fare in this movie and in these sexual relationships?
- What's the appeal of a character with such questionable morals? Martin Scorsese often makes movies about these kinds of characters. Why is he so highly respected and acclaimed?
- In theaters: December 25, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: March 25, 2014
- Cast: Jonah Hill, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Genre: Drama
- Topics: History
- Run time: 180 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: sequences of strong sexual content, graphic nudity, drug use and language throughout, and for some violence
- Last updated: August 8, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love true stories
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch