All parent member reviews for Miss O and Friends

Parent Written byCafelatte August 1, 2011

Coolest social site for girls online, 100% safe!

It's a great site for girls to play on. It's 100% safe, so I never have to worry when my daughter is on the site. The "Wall" is a "facebook-like" place for girls to write on but the best part is that their posts are screened by human eyes prior to posting. The girls can go to "About Me" and make friends, show their emotions thru emoticons, share their likes (all with drop down menus). It's pretty cool. I highly recommend any girl between the ages of 8-14 to check it out
Adult Written bynutmeg_7 July 19, 2009

Girls Will Adore

An adorable website perfect for schoolage girls. I can guarantee that if Miss O existed when I was younger, I'd be on it everyday. There are fun games to play (although they can be challenging for younger kids), contests to enter (with fun prizes!), and links to Miss O stories and books. The only thing that is difficult is that kids send in questions for the crossword puzzles and such, and many don't make sense or are misspelled. Nevertheless, the website is practically flawless and great for girls!
Adult Written byMommy Doodle April 9, 2008

Beware of Personality Quizes

Although the games are very age appropriate for 10 yr olds (even on the challenging modes), the language and social situations described in different personality quizzes suggests that the quizzes are for an older age group, such as 15 or older. Questions included many boyfriend references, and even used vulgar language (pissed) to describe an emotion. Short of participating in all of the quizzes to monitor the content, I would just steer my daughter clear of this area. It's too bad that the content is so much more adult, as many young girls like to take the quizzes as a way to get to know themselves.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bySuperStarzSingerz August 29, 2013

Miss O!

This is an amazing site! Now a lot of things has changed for this site. it is no longer needed to pay for an updated account. kids 7 and up use this site where you can use the girl to girl wall for advice, and to talk about favorite things.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byvampirewizard August 8, 2010

awesome website

miss o and frnds is an awesome website!
Parent Written byAndimom June 4, 2010

Not okay for tweens

The first thing I saw when logging onto this website was an ad for getting a flatter stomach in 7 days. The next ad was for avon beauty products. Then as a I delved a bit deeper into the site I noticed much material too mature for girls under 13 or 14. There is much discussion of love and boyfriends. It is a nice looking site with some postive attributes but sadly they are marred by the mature content. I would not allow either of my girls on this site.
Parent of an infant, 8, and 10 year old Written byBensyMom September 18, 2010

I have no idea what this game is but, i'm concerned about earning these "Ms. O Tokens".