All parent member reviews for TeenSpot

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byXBrookieBabiX October 15, 2011

Stupid

I made a profile on Teenspot when I was 14 and it was really gross. I got messages from ugly, 40 year old creepy men (and women) that were sexually explicit and after too many bad encounters, I closed my account. Not worth it
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 22, 2011

Adult Written bykaitlinb December 20, 2014

This is a chatroom.

As a teenager who tried using it, I was fairly appalled. Your kids could get on this site and put their location down for people to see. Complete strangers wanted to skype me. However, if you type in the name now, the site seems to be gone.
Adult Written byAnnieLeonhart November 14, 2014

You know what you're getting yourself into by signing up for that site

Parents, it's YOUR fault if you're not monitoring what your ignorant kids are doing online and ANY kind of social site. When you put out info such as age, and then pictures, what do you think is going to happen? We all know the internet is a dangerous place, so don't subject your kids to it if you're scared and then you try to blame the site. This is why kids are so stupid these days. They are the ones talking to people they don't know online and trusting that the person is who they say they are. Who could possibly take blame for that besides the parents or the kids themselves??
Adult Written bygloriosaforehead April 28, 2014

Dangerous site

When I was around 15, I joined this site as I wanted to make online friends and find people I could talk about my interests with. I was bombarded with messages from people who were clearly over 23, some people even 35+. This is a site that is used by predators to meet up/ talk with the young and naive people who join thinking its literally just teenagers. I almost fell into the trap with meeting someone from here claiming to be 17, only to find out they were a pedophile. Please be sure to steer away from this site. Safety must always come first!
Adult Written byKyleW 1 July 3, 2015

Ex teenspot user

I used teenspot to help me face being gay. I totally agree with past users that there were plenty of nasty and vile individuals. But this is the internet... dont open your heart or peraonal information to anyone. The options were there to have a provate profile and set restrictions just like facebook. There was an option to report innapropriate behaviour. And you were not forced to put sexuality or your marital status in. I think everyone paints this site in auch a harsh light. Ita just like facebook is now. All teens used it and most didnt bother with the security optiona goven to them and talked to strangers and gave their details away. I met my boyfriend of now 3 years off the site. I moved down to where he lives and am extremely happy so all in all. If you are clied up with safety you would have had a reasonably pleasent experience.
Adult Written byDarkangel93 April 25, 2015

Its stupid to close this site down we will just make a new site or find more like it
Adult Written bydvdqueen March 2, 2012

not such a good chat room!

don't go into a chat room unless you know its safe. there are lots of sick people outthere so please please be very carful!