All teen and kid member reviews for The Club

Teen, 14 years old Written byCJ Sprinkle August 31, 2009

Why NOT to use Nicktropolis

To ALL parents and ALL KIDS/TEENS and overall commonsensemedia, Please take a few minutes to read this informal yet mind-blowing review, it is very important for your safety and yourself. 2 years and 5 months ago, on January 30th, 2007; Nicktropolis was finally opened to the public and over 300,000 kids to begin with. After 3 years of building the virtual game and chat room in one, Nicktropolis took a stand and proudly stated, QUOTE, Nicktropolis is like no where else on Nick. But because it's Nick, you can be sure that we've made it a safe place for kids to connect online. Why? Your child is never asked for any personal identifiable information...UNQUOTE. What are BEAUTIFUL opening title to it that still rests below the actual game. I decided to try it for myself when I was just 11 at the time being. I went on it, proud to say that was my first chat room. I made a few friends, and they were all WONDERFUL, CARING friends. At that point, I rested my case that I was going to stay on here for a few more years, almost everyday. I looked at overall what was it? Good or bad? I sure gave it a 10 of 10. Great 1st part of this eh? Lets see how this place progresses. Over my first 6 months in Nicktropolis, it wasn't half bad after all. Very few chat bullies, etc... I lived the moderators, and they really were committed to what their job was. After about 8-9 months, I began to realize that more mean people are coming in and tearing it up. TEENS is what my guess was. Now that I realize, it really was. At that point, I thought to myself, The moderators will take care of them, I'll report them. Nicktropolis had a block and reporting system that was sure to seemingly get rid of chat bullies. Little did I know that I was 100 percent WRONG. Another month or 2 passed by, nothing has happened. After reporting time after time, and telling moderators time after time, I came to a conclusion that the reporting system has FAILED or has never worked. Also it wouldn't make sense to report the reporting system that fails. After my 1st year at Nicktropolis, I was not as satisfied as I was when I came in for those first few months. As the population reached MILLIONS, the number in chat bullies GROW likewise in a exponential function. I began to make observations and patterns of behavior of Nicktropolis. The first thing that came to mind is that the Fuzzy Room is THE MOST popular room in the entire virtual world, so that's where most AMPLIFIED patterns of behavior would occur. Everyday I would walk into that room, and within 5-10 minutes, a freaking chat bully would HARASS the innocent Devastated, the innocent victims would hear things such as, "your clothing looks weird", the bully would call them names, and make nothing but negative harassing comments. But wait, Nicktropolis is supposed to be a SAFE place for kids to go online? ... which is now totally crap. The bullies maybe limited by the dictionary words, but they are NOT limited to using a word to replace a bad word they couldn't say before. In example, instead of the "f" word, they will tend to use "duck" now. Now over time I have drew another conclusion. The reason for numbers rising in chat bullies is because of the TOTAL and COMPLETE FAILURE for moderators and the Techie Staff of Nicktropolis to put the hammer down on nicknames and ACTUALLY ban nicknames when necessary! I have NEVER, yes NEVER, ever seen a person who was REPORTED that was banned for even a day! They kept coming back on the next day, being rude selfish punks as they were ready to HARASS people again! Does that NOT make you ANGRY? Yet time after time, I have E-MAILED, REPORTED, AND MADE A CONCERN FILE on what is going on. Over 2 years, NONE out of 7 have been replied to, NOT COUNTING HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE CLICKED THE FREAKING REPORT BUTTON! Just a year ago, I had a glitched person where my person turned into a girl from a boy. I was permanently stuck to being a girl and being called "CLOWN" everyday! I want to a moderator by the nickname of NICKZa, and asked her if she can help me. She replied with, "Our techie team is working hard on Nicktropolis and they cannot help fix that." I thought NICKZa was a very kind and helpful moderator, and I was TURNED DOWN. What the hell was that? You call the techie team hard working and they can't even make a freaking reporting system function correctly? I do computer programming, and even I thought I could fix myself, which was a later job. In June 2007, I finally got the man to take a step up and pull it together and stand up for what is RIGHT. It was time to take a stand for millions of people being harassed everyday. I now say that, The moderators are complete couch potatoes at fixing and helping... They won't even take an account for someone who has broken the rules. It clearly states in the Nicktropolis Official Ground rules, "If you choose to break the rules, you will lose your account, and everything else that goes with it." Obviously the entire game is falling apart because chat bullies even revolt against the moderators in a disrespectful way and will even say "bad words" at them. Yet the moderators won't do chiz to anything. I had some experience with cheat engine 5.4 so I decided to see if it works on Nicktropolis, and yet enough, it was cheatable. I was tired and freaking sick of moderators NOT helping innocent people from chat bullies. I was gonna find a way one way or another, to help people out and show them the ways of respect and kindness. I found that I am able to control other nickname on the chat room, like I was them. Then I took action and stormed the chat rooms, and took control of meaningless chat bullies, and scared them off because I showed them a SYMBOL OF AUTHORITY, something the moderators WOULDN'T. P.S. I fixed MYSELF from being a girl and turned myself back to a boy! How disgraceful! They FAILED to fix something I could! It only took me a few minutes! They must be lazy! In early August of 2009, I was BANNED I assumed because they knew about my cheating. I told them I was helping by defending innocent people with my cheats. And then they never responded! In the end result, moderators are not willing to help you, and will not ban people, but they will ban you for cheating. Even when I was helping people being defended from chat bullies, they banned me! What a total waste of my freaking time. Nick is great but Nicktropolis is a FAILURE. I see that this website says there is NO SEX, BAD LANGUAGE, etc. As you can clearly see, words can be mixed around to REPLACE the words they can't use. Examples: Instead of -- They use F word -- duck B word -- bit, be ouch N word -- Nick a S word -- shifted H word -- hello, he I! D word -- Day umm you get the point. even other NASTY words can be put together from real words that are in the dictionary to assemble the words they intend to use. DO NOT under any circumstances go to Nicktropolis unless you can defend yourself. Recently, I also saw SEXUAL HARASSMENT. A guy went up to a girl who wasn't talking and said on a line of chat, "raps po sea". What a total piece of BULL! He was pretending to rape someone's private spot ONLINE!\ Nicktropolis may have dictionary chat, but club penguin is better because of its SAFETY. I have no complaints about Club Penguin. Moderators take care of chat bullies at the MOMENT it happens, because in that world, everyone is a moderator. Even though you can type freestyle in Club Penguin, it is safer with NO DOUBT. DO NOT EVER WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS PILE OF BULL. 0/10 RATING FOR ME, it doesn't even deserve a golf clap for humor. Now my plan is to tell everyone about my cheats so EVERYONE will use them... the only difference is that they are immature and irresponsible with very rare things or very hard things to do and cannot take it seriously. Then the entire site will not be safe anymore, and I will force the moderators and staff into a position where they HAVE to shut it down. This is for their own good, and I hope this is a lesson to them for not putting the hammer down when it opened. I am very unhappy and dissatisfied with the work that took longer to build than it has already been up on the internet for. When they shut it down I'll always remember... How glad and happy I am for those innocent victims who could NOT defend themselves who are now SAFE. When it goes down, I want to be remembered for the brave things I did to stand up for innocent that were treated like poor people and the dirt. I have a dream... May God take over the situation and protect millions of kids online from this ever happening. I will ensure that I will help millions with their lives, no matter if I am given credit or not. I have a dream...
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2010

Not good at all

Nicktropolis is a good website,When u first get on it...U can just believe its awesome.U do believe its awesome.Wrong.I love nicktropolis,but it is just dirty...Sex,Cusing...and they dont use the real words they use words like (socks for sex,pitch,duck,and so on.) U can report someone and 3 months later they are still on.The Moderaters are LAZY,MEAN,AND HELPESS! And Bullies,Its outragoues...this girl named Carrigan10 just killed me and i never wanted to go on ever again.My parents dont let me play anymore,and u no what I AGREE! Its terrible!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfredahu17 June 12, 2009
Kid, 8 years old December 26, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byninjakiller126 August 12, 2012

how i think

well i think this game is the best game i have ever play
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreengirl12345 April 6, 2012

Bring Nicktropolis back!

Me and my little sister loved nicktropolis and so does every1 else! The club sucks! bring nicktropolis back
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O September 30, 2010

Ads, bad shows, and bad people.

This section of Nickelodeon's site is off-limits for children. I went into their "Club Cinema" and there was an ad that played before I went in that was over a minute long! Talk about a time waster! Also, the show they played had strong sexual innuendo, along with people asking each other for dates or trying to slip swears through attacking the show screen. NOT for children.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2009

Nicktropolis Review

Nicktropolis is SO NOT OK FOR KIDS there are people that curse on there and their just roud and they always follow you around sometimes and it gets creepy and you cant stop it and there are people that steal your accounts like mine I was zoey5516 until someone took it from me! A girl named Carrigan10! ITS TERRIBLE!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydude14218 May 24, 2009

Safety, Ya Right

They say it's safe but that's not true at all. There are literally people there who curse nonstop. When I used to go on there, a girl wanted to kill herself. It was safe, but now most of the users are perverts. Don't sign up. Even if you ignore me and still go on. You'll quit the first day. That's how boring it is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiiEDMWolf February 1, 2016

This was really great, just wish Nick continued it.

The game is down, but the whole thing was Great!
Teen, 16 years old Written byScootakip December 30, 2014

Appropriate but bad

This game is just bad. No point in playing, doesn't serve a purpose. There are no goals in it, it's very small, and littered with annoying little kids. Before this there was another game called Nicktropolis. Maybe it's just the nostalgia but Nicktropolis was way better. If you want to sign your child up for an online game, try something like Toontown Rewritten. Toontown is a good game for all ages, serves a purpose, and has goals to achieve. Just, don't let your children play The Club. It's pointless.
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

luv dis game

i think it is age apropriet it doesent say any bad thing but it kills ppl cammalie is terrible
Kid, 9 years old May 4, 2013

the club

it is an okay website
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

the game

there is nothing bad in it i'm on it now as a reporter no sex or launguge is one it
Teen, 17 years old Written byKELLY BULLIVARDEZ July 18, 2012

BEST GAME EVER

I LOVE STIS GAME IT IS THE BEST GAME EVER
Kid, 8 years old July 16, 2012

:-o (rolling eyes)

I hate it teens bully me,boy try to get me to be their girlfriend and ive reported and they don't ever fix it.I like the site but not if you r signed in i recomend club penguin or poptropica
Kid, 9 years old July 11, 2012

What You Should Know

i think its a fun game where you can chat with friends and buy cool outfits. but i think if they say does the game has s** in it, they can type it out not actually doing it. but typing the actions out.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2012

zackarys review

Kid, 8 years old May 23, 2012

best

Kid, 8 years old April 25, 2012

good

real real good