All teen and kid member reviews for Webkinz

Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2015

It was fun at first...

well i started playing this when i was little and i grew fond of the game. since i was little i didn't really know of any other games (i wish i had known about animal jam, aka BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!) so i kept playing it. but i grew out of it and didnt play it as much. but i just went back on this game and i have some complaints. first of all, THERE IS NO FREEDOM. like seriously you have to move around in squares and place the item perfectly. EVEN WORSE THEY DONT EVEN LET YOU BE SOCIAL. I MEAN I GET HAVING THE OPTION TO HAVE SELECTED CHAT BUT THERE WAS NONE AND NO ONE IS SOCIAL AT ALL. i mean like how many popular webkinz channels are there? easy, NONE. how many for animal jam, 2 MANY TO NAME!!!!!!!!!!! second of all THERE ARE TO MANY ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONCE I COULDNT EVEN CLICK THE LOP PART OF THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY CONSTANTLY COME OUT WITH NEW OVER PRICED STUFFED ANIMALS AND ITS SO PREASURING!!!!!!!!! AND NOT TO MENTION THE GAME WITH THE BERRYS. OMG THAT GAME IS PURE EVIL!!!!!! IT WOULD PROBOBLY TAKE YOU 12 YEARS TO TO FILL UP ONE STUPID JAR!!!!!!! AND THEY WISH FACTORY WOULD ALS TAKE ABOUT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!! I MEAN EVEN CLUB PENGUN IS BETTER THEN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!! the only reason im giving it a 2 star rating is because i liked it when i was little.
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2010
This a site I really used to love when I was little. This teaches you about the importance of earning and spending money for yourself. It also teaches you about making the wrong decisions with your money and going on a buying spree (like me) :)!!! This is a great site for kids probably up to age 12. It has great safety features and awesome user content though you do have to buy a webkinz toy every year to keep playing on your account. You get gifts on your pet's birthdays and secret tokens to go to the Wish Machine. This is an awesome site!!
Kid, 10 years old April 10, 2010

Great Website, Very Satisfied

This is a great website for basically anyone. I have had a very positive experience with Webkinz, it's educational, sends out very positive messages, has absolutely no safety issues, and is very entertaining. The only problem is when you do stop play Webkinz, your adorable plush toys almost useless. Overall I think this is a very good website.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 March 6, 2010

A money trap, but fun and educational

a cute website thats fun to go on when you are bored. The one thing is the has you consistantly spending. When you purchase a webkinz, you get a year of membership. When that ends, you MUST buy another pet to be able to log in to your account. It's a bit of a gyp, actually. Although, you could always just buy a pack of trading cards or something maybe.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustme67353 August 5, 2015

Boy has it changed!

I have been collecting webkinz for about 8 years. When I was younger I would log in and once I got in there was a map that was already made so you wouldn't have to wait to build it. You didn't have to be deluxe to do stuff. They want, I can't remember about $12 for a month of deluxe. My favorite thing used to be the island, but now you have to be deluxe, same with the games. Webkinz has disappointed me so much. I understand that there is new technology, but really is your site that poor that you have to have everything deluxe so people can pay. I know kids enjoy it, but it takes money out of their pockets. I was looking at the ratings and what they say, webkinz is not the best game. I really am starting to hate this game, yes I said hate! I'm fed up with this site, before it said, "on.... your account will be deleted because you didn't adopt a new pet." really are they needy that they make you get webkinz. I might get a lot of hate for this review, but I don't care what you guys say, it's my opinion. Well have fun with this thing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNoahutnoa091470 June 25, 2015

X-Webkinz Lover

Get ready to spend money. This one of a kind website makes you feel very cheap unless you are ready to crank out money for a monthly membership. I started my membership in 2007 and fell in love with it. 8 years later, nearly everything that excited me about the website now requires a member AFTER I already bought a stuffed animal. Through these last few years, I have seen less than 4 new games/activities/ideas. And now, you must have a deluxe membership if you want to train your animal to go to a tournament (1 of the cool things it used to have), or play exciting games. And the games that do work lag so much you can get past 5 seconds of it because the greedy money bags at corporate had to put 3-4 advertisements on everypage that slows down everything. In addition to the slow website and the overall cheapness of the company, it is very easy for your kids to go onto the Ganz online store (which requires actual US dollars) and purchase something without your knowing. The constant and flashy advertisements for the Webkinz deluxe memberships can easily lure in your child to simply click 3-4 buttons and make a mistake that will cost you. I'm sure this website is a great one filled with joy and happiness as long as you are willing to pay more money after you spent money for the "Basic" membership. I surely hope webkinz and ganz is glad for all these new changes, but they just lost myself and many other valuable customers. Don't fall for their tricks.
Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2014

Webkinz is the GREATEST

As said in the title webkinz is the greatest! It doesn't actually HAVE a learning aspect (mabey earning kinzcash and quizzy's corner). Instead, it is a game, a good relaxing one at that. I have my own account there and it's great.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2010

Just okay

It is boring and now it cost money to be like enabled to have special feactures. Like it wasn't bad before. Now its worse! At least before everyone was treated equally!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJust A Teenager March 18, 2010

Economics?

I went on Webkinz when I was a bit younger, and found it rather fun. Any teenager will PROBABLY (some like Webkinz) think it is lame, but littler kids love it. What I find interesting about it, though, is the fact that the "game" is centered around economics. You might find the notion laughable, but your goal (besides having fun, obviously) is to get KinzCash and make purchases with it. Playing games is comparable to working at a job. So, I'd say that it can teach little kids more about how money works. In conclusion, you obviously don't want your child (if you are a parent) doing nothing else, but this is a clean, educational website.
Kid, 12 years old March 2, 2010
I love it! It is very safe and fun.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2010

Pretty Good But Not Great

I used to have a Webkinz account when I was 6 and now I don't play it anymore. There are educational games you can play. The site teaches you how to take care of a pet too. Downsides:1.You have to purchase a new Webkinz plush to keep your account online 2.The site requires a lot of reading
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinter54389 June 23, 2015

used to be better

Webkinz used to be way better, but now is all based on ads and money. There are so many ads on the screen while playing and you can barely play anything without needing to buy a membership. Finally, the website is very laggy and thats quite annoying.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2015

Used to be 100x better!

Back in about 2007, the online game was great! I had so much fun. Now, there are SO many ads, and plus, the website wants you to buy the stuffed animal AND get an extra Deluxe Membership to play the game. That is ridiculous to be paying so much for an online game. If your kid is a little younger than me, they would probably enjoy it more, but prepare to have your kids be bugging to get a Deluxe Membership!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfr3nchy10001 December 25, 2014

Not that good

When I was a little younger I loved Webkinz, and that was a little before they introduced deluxe memberships. Now you can't do anything on Webkinz anymore and its stupid all they want is more money from kids and there parents. Just like every other website out there.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHumphrey Loves Kate April 14, 2014

The Webkinz Economy

Hey everyone, I've been reading several reviews here on Webkinz.com, the site of which I have been a member since 2008, and I've found a lot of negative reviews from adults with a lot of positive reviews from the kids. So I thought I'd add my view on this, since I've begun to play on the site again in a nostalgic way. I practically grew up as a Webkinz member in my latter years from 12 years old to now, at 17, so I've seen most of the changes in its lifetime. The main drawback that I see from users (or rather, parents of users) here is the site's promotion of consumerism. First off, I wish to establish that Webkinz is a product and you, by using it, are dubbed as a consumer. Therefore, from a business standpoint, of course Webkinz will promote consumerism because that is how they stay in business. Pretty black and white if you ask me. Of course, many parents are worried about their children falling victim to extreme consumerism. Before you allow your child to play Webkinz, or as time progresses, just remind your child that Webkinz is just a game as well as a store, and that stores want customers to buy things. If your kid wants something else from Webkinz, make them get their own job at YOUR Employment Office and pay them a small sum only when they do the full job and do it well. I got five bucks a week guys, and only if I did every single chore on my weekly list. (I was so underpaid, haha. But I learned dollar value.) The value of a Webkinz dollar, or KinzCash, may be an economist's nightmare on inflation, but you can teach your kids the real value of a dollar in the real world through hard work and earning what you want. I believe that's called capitalism, which is the opposite of consumerism. Not only will you end up teaching children a beginning part of economics, but you'll also show them that they can't just have everything handed to them, and in the real world, there's hard work before a reward. This leads me to my next topic. From a few reviews I saw, it almost sounds like some actually expect a virtual reality game to teach real life principles and if the game doesn't then it's pointless. People. It's a game. If it were just like reality, it wouldn't be any fun. I saw one person saying you only have to do about two minutes of work and you get a lot of money. Well come on, really, if your kid had to get an 8 hour job on the computer to take care of their pet like in real life, would anyone actually play that?! Nope. It's supposed to be fun! Let the game be the game and real life be real life. In the end, you're responsible for teaching your kids, not some computer game. Any "educational game" is merely a tool to help make learning a little more fun than traditional public education. I'd also like to briefly touch on the arcade which many think is gambling. Not really. There's only two games that provide an abnormal amount of KinzCash by chance and probability, and you can only play those games once a day. Plus, gambling is betting an asset, like cash, in hopes of a larger return with very small odds of a giant return. (I like to think of it as blind investing.) None of the games in the arcade require KinzCash to play. So it's not really gambling. It's just playing a game and getting paid a little to do it. The arcade is also the lowest income source, on average, in Webkinz world. Just remember this is a game guys. It's not real life, nor is it meant to teach you everything about real life. To finish my review, which has now become an essay, I'll quickly discuss on Webkinz "costing a lot of money." Actually, it isn't as horrible as it once was. You used to have to adopt a pet every year at least or they threatened to delete your account. I assume they got a real bad rap on that with kids thinking their Webkinz would die and all. My account is still there and I haven't adopted since 2009. It's 2014. Deluxe Membership is a curse and a blessing. It's good because it allows Webkinz to make money while still letting players who haven't adopted into Webkinz world. It's bad because it makes kids feel like their missing out, and we all know kids of all people HATE being left out. But, one word. Moderation. When you go out and buy a car, you probably don't get the most expensive model there with the most options on it, do you? Not unless that's what you really want and what's best for you. Same with Webkinz. Show your kids that having fun is not all about spending money and buying everything. Just because there's all the Deluxe Membership and eStore points available doesn't mean you have to get it in order to have fun. And again, if your child really does want that, make them work for it to realize how much they really want it. You could also say they need to think about it for a while. Whenever I saw something at a store that I really wanted, my parents would always tell me that I needed to think about it for a little while. If, after a few days, I really did want it, then I was allowed to go back to the store to purchase it, with a little help from mom and dad if it was really expensive (however, whenever I did get help, I almost always was put "on credit" and expected to pay back what I had borrowed.) You can see that this would definitely make me want to save my money, so when I found something I really liked and wanted I would have enough funds to buy it. So when I became a teen and had my own job at $7 an hour, not only did I feel super rich making in an hour what formerly took me a week and a half, but I never bought anything without first spending a week or sometimes a month thinking about it and researching it. Only recently have I bought things more "on the spot" but it's always something essential like vitamins, a snack I need to keep me awake before I drive a while, or a few cosmetic items. Chores and allowance work wonders on making smart finance officers out of kids, and since Webkinz is a favorite of several kids today, it really is a wonderful place to start. So, things to remember: -Webkinz is just a game -Teach your kids capitalism versus consumerism and use Webkinz as a tool -Webkinz is just a game -Teaching hard work for great rewards as well as dollar value is one of the best real world concepts needed and yet so often neglected -Webkinz is just a game -And last but not least, Webkinz is just a game. Hope this helps someone. I wouldn't have spent 20 minutes composing that if I thought it would not help anyone. :D Humphrey Loves Kate P.S. I haven't adopted a pet in 5 years. BUT I ordered the Endangered Signature Red Wolf from Amazon a day ago... for $45. "Garth" will be here tomorrow afternoon. :) But before you call my a hypocrite, get this. I took time to think about it and decide if I really wanted it. Obviously I did. My research found that this Webkinz is being discontinued, so once it's gone it's gone. Additionally, the Signature Timber Wolf is now worth $400 with a sealed code from private collectors, and just under $200 without a code! This is a stuffed animal that people were once complaining about paying $25 for! The entire Webkinz signature line is in the process of being dropped, so I hear, so as more and more are sold, the price is just going to go up because they're getting so rare. In about a year, my signature red wolf will probably be worth at least $100! Look at that! You can also teach your kids about investments with these! Please note that only the signature line of Webkinz skyrockets in price like this. The regular ones and Lil kinz are still worth about $10 even after retired. These are like a gold market!
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2010

WEBKINZ IS AWESOME AND COOL!!!!!!

I love webkinz! There is a quiz corner where you can learn about different cultures and fun facts. You learn how to earn money and spend it wisely! I thought that this website is very appropriate for children!!! I love webkinz!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainforestGal March 13, 2010

Welcome Webkinz

I love webkinz, its cute and I love collecting the plush toys "although a little expensive" I love making a house, earning money, and getting all these neat things. The things that i do not like is how kids act in the chat rooms-which isn't intirely the websites fault. It is just people constantly date, kiss, and even "attempt" a sexual act. Webkinz doesn't allow this- that goodness. But what they lack is showing warnings that things go too far, they do that, but not often enough. The site is very respectful to its players too, which makes me feel welcome. They even have an advice place! I recomend it. But if you don't want your kids exposed to bad behavior in the chat room, there is always a kinzchat ( which has words picked out )
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2010

Good for youngsters, but there are some cons

Things are not exposed to any people. No messages can be sent. You can be banned for being mean. It's great for young people. Things I have noticed though is in the Chat, you can pick from certain messages, but in Kinzchat you can chat a bit freer. Though I have noticed people saying things like, "Hey, do you want to have sec?" to work the system. The players then sit on a couch together and walk up to each other like they are kissing. Many reports have been filed this way reporting sexual behavior. Also, you have to buy a pet to play, and you have to buy one every year or Webkinz closes your account. There is also a game in the arcade where you have to hit a little creature with a wooden club, but he seems to like it.... For people 9 or older, the game is quite boring for them by then.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

Good, edcucational site, perfect for kids who want a pet but can't get one.

It's a good website, it teaches about the responsibilites of owning a real pet. There is even a place where you can answer trivia questions and learn new facts. However, there is a chat system where users can type what they want, but it has to pass the swear filter. Users do all sorts of tricks the send hate speech, ask for information, etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAshley0301 July 2, 2016

It used to be better...

Okay, I realize I'm 14 and people may not take me seriously, but consider this: I'm a kid. I know what other kids would like. Now, on to the review, Webkinz used to be such a great website! You could play all the games, have parties with your friends, and search for constellations in a fairy quest. I went on Webkinz from about the ages 5-10, but eventually grew out of it. I revisited the website earlier today for a nice trip down memory lane and was incredibly disappointed. First, the entire website is insanely slow. You'll click a button and it will take 10 seconds to respond at all. I know this is not just a problem with my computer or connection because my friend experienced it as well. Secondly, half the games are only for deluxe members now? What's a deluxe member? After doing some research, I found out it meant you'd bought a new Webkinz recently. I have a problem with this. If someone will be so generous as to buy one of your products, you should not force them to buy more. It's a cheap way of earning money and it shows how low the people in charge of the website have sunk. Finally, there's a "new" feature (I put it in quotations because I have no idea how new it actually is) where your chosen Webkinz makes demands...? Like, a speech bubble will pop up with something along the lines of, "Hmm, I'd really like something new from the store!" There's a timer, and if you don't do it in that timer, their happiness drops halfway. All in all, Webkinz used to be a great platform to meet up with friends and have fun, but it has definitely taken a turn for the worse. I do not recommend buying their products if it is in hopes of using the website.