Parent reviews for 7 Cups: Anxiety & Stress Chat

On-demand support for mental health; limited oversight.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byAaron015 April 19, 2020

Supportive community!!

Listeners are very present and attentive, active listening skills, empathetic. Supportive conversations. Have other options like dedicated forums and group support rooms, resources, and wonderful community leaders.
Adult Written byAmy456 April 16, 2020

24/7 support for teens and adults

I have been using 7 Cups for some time now and I have found it to be a reliable source of getting support when I want to be heard. The listeners are volunteers thus genuinely interested in doing what they do. The site has group rooms, forum space and the option for personal messages. The teens and adults are kept separate so its good for teen safety. I recommend trying it out
Adult Written byfc19 April 15, 2020

Thriving Teen Community on 7 Cups

They do a lot of fun things with teens to help them learn how to support one another and develop their own coping skills.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byOmenNelson April 13, 2020

This site needs more love.

I see the bad reviews for this site and it breaks my heart. It's difficult to run a site that's aimed at helping people who are mentally ill or in a crisis. So it only makes sense that discourse and strong emotions are going to rise. It's been proven that people are more likely to leave a negative review than a positive reviews. Which is so sad to me because this site does so much good. The people who run it, the managers and moderators, the volunteers, they are all trying so hard to make the space a safe, positive experience for people who need it. And in this day and age of technology, where else can you find such a large, diverse platform? As someone who suffers with mental illness and a childhood of trauma, I have found so much support and love in this site. Are there problems that arise? Yes, of course, just like any website. But the good outweighs the bad. Where would everyone who takes comfort in this site go were it not to be there? I can say for myself, I would be back in a bad place. Sometimes, you just need someone to talk to, someone to listen. And here is where you'll find it.
Adult Written byrainbowcloud April 13, 2020

My sanctuary!

I don't know where I would be without this site. Being here has given me a safe haven to vent and really go through a hard time while receiving support from both the community and the wonderful listeners 1-to-1. I hope to become a listener one day myself.
Adult Written byTheRealSamShady November 9, 2019

Beware of Adult Predators on 7Cups

I used the app and website for nearly 3 years as a member and volunteer teen listener. 7Cups CEO, Admin, partners (LA county department of mental health) and their advisory board all refuse to address the issue of teen safety publicly. Especially regarding the topic that some it's teen users have been sexually abused and groomed by adults on the 7Cups platform. Some of the predators have even been adults who had official approval to work with teens on the site. 7Cups refuses to state that this happens on its own platform, leaving teens unaware of the real dangers that exist while they are accessing the site. Teens tell listeners their inner most secrets, thoughts, and feelings. As a result, listeners with bad intentions know how to manipulate teens on the site. 7Cups admin will ban you and remove you from the site if you even try to talk about teen safety issues like this because they don't want people to know that sexual abuse of minors actually happens on their platform. Adults make catfishing accounts and pretend to be teens to find more victims. 7Cups pretends like they can stop this from happening but they can't. The company only does the bare minimum to limit their legal liability and at the same time appear to be safe in order to attract investors. The CEO doesn't care that teens are left in the dark about issues that affect their personal safety while using the service. They don't even protect their teen volunteers. I would not encourage people to use this service, it's not safe for teens

Privacy & Safety