What parents need to know
Parents need to know that 1917 is a World War I epic. When the British army is alerted that one of their battalions is set to walk directly into a trap, Private Schofield (George MacKay) and Private Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) are sent behind enemy lines to alert the soldiers and stop the mission. With time rapidly running out, the two must face mortal danger to rescue their fellow troops, among them Blake's brother. Andrew Scott, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Colin Firth co-star. Expect lots of intense wartime violence and a high body count, as well as swearing and disturbing images.
- In theaters: December 25, 2019
- Cast: George MacKay, Dean-Charles Chapman, Benedict Cumberbatch
- Director: Sam Mendes
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Topics: History
- Character Strengths: Compassion, Courage, Perseverance
- Run time: 110 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: violence, some disturbing images, and language
- Last updated: December 01, 2019
For kids who love history
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.